It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
(female)

collegecandy HB User
Unhappy Accutane vs. Tazorac

HELP! I used to have acne when I was like 15 and I took accutane for it. I used to take out the liquid and put in applesauce. Acne was good until now at the age 22, has come back. I went to the derm and she gave me accutane but said to NOT dump out the liquid b/c it can damage your throat. (Didn't know that back then). I tried the liquid in applesauce last night. Boy that was not only gross, but it burned my throat and I woke up in the middle of the night reallllly dizzy. I called the doctor and she was mad that I did that and upset that I can't swallow gelcaps. (I can swallow at the MOST advil) but for some reason I have this fear and my throat won't let me swallow this huge plastic gelcap. Soo, the doctor gave me the resort back to cream called Tazorac. She said I was on it when I was younger and I didn't like it. I don't remember but I have read mixed things about it. I read that it makes your face red but does it really work? I have moderate acne and I need help! I wish I could take accutane but there is no way I can. I already tried and plus if I had a reaction I am scared to even take it. HELP!

Last edited by collegecandy; 08-25-2005 at 04:58 PM. Reason: better title

Old 08-26-2005, 03:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User
Re: can't swallow accutane

try putting the pill (in tact) on a spoonful of applesauce....when you swallow it all at once it just goes down...this is what i do with pills as i cant swallow them either...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread