It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
(male)

Revis311 HB User
What would you do if...

Ive been using a combination of tazorac, benzaclin and differin the past month or so. I did a tazorac night treatment and benzaclin morning treatment for a couple days and now my face is really taught and dry. Its peeling a whole lot of skin and its hard for me to even open my mouth fully without the skin stretching. Would you put lotion on and then differin? Would you try and shave it with a razor lightly and then use the lotion and differin? Or would you just continue putting lotion on and letting it take its course? Ive already gone one night without any acne topical so im just afraid a second night without it might start a breakout.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User
Re: What would you do if...

I think it's better to put the differin on first, wait for 15 to 20 minutes before applying a lotion. You can use a damp washcloth to gently swipe away any peelings before putting on the differin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 08:46 PM   #3
(male)

Revis311 HB User

Yea ive basically just been using tweezers to peel and pick off the skin on my face all night long.....its crazy. I guess its like give or take b/c dead skin cells cause acne not using my topicals causes acne. I just dont wanna put differin on it alone and wake up to my skin being even more dry, irratated and peeling. My derm says the lotion makes a certain barrier. But if my skin wasnt so dry and irrated i would def put the differin on first.

Old 08-26-2005, 07:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

I use Differin and Klaron for topicals. I use the Klaron in the morning after I wash my face with Dove soap and then I wait about 15 min. and apply Cetaphil moisturizer. Then at night I use the Differin wait about 5 min. and then use the Klaron then wait another 15 min. and apply the lotion again. If you don't use a lotion your skin will suffer. You have to restore the moisture your skin is losing or it will get dry and peel and look terrible. I haven't peeled at all from using these topicals because I make sure to moisturize and my skin is getting so clear now. I really like Differin.

Closed Thread