It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 04:45 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mgarcia2411 HB User
Please!advice About Doxy

For 2 Years I Have Been Using Klear Action Which Is Walgreens Version Of Proactive And It Has Worked Great No Pimples But Then About A Month And A Half Ago I Put Some Mederma On My Face For A Few Acne Scars I Had And About A Week After That My Face Broke Out Horribly With Pimples And Cysts Only Where I Apllied The Medema And I Had Never Experienced A Cyst Before. I Am Convinced It Has To Be The Medema But Shouldnt It Have Cleared Up Already A Month And A Half? So Today I Went To Derm 4 First Time And He Gave Me Doxy 100 Mg And Differin. The Differin I Am Not Going 2 Use But My Question Is If I Start The Doxy Can I Still Use The Klear Action B/c I Really Like It Or At Least Just The Cleanser? What Cleanser Is Okay To Use When On Doxy? Should I Just Wait It Out A Lil Longer To See If It Clears Or Start The Doxy? Thankyou

Old 08-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User
Re: Please!advice About Doxy

You need to stick with what the derm. told you to do. I used to be like you and didn't follow the derm.'s instructions because I thought I knew what would work better. After the 3rd derm. I went to I finally decided to follow what he said and he put me on Doxy 100 mg once a day and differin at night and klaron in the morning. At first my skin looked terrible because everything was coming to the surface and I almost lost hope. But I kept on doing everything he said and now my skin is 95% clear! Doxy and Differin will both cause an intial breakout that lasts about 2 months but after the 2 month about the 2nd week into it I noticed I wasn't getting any new pimples. And things just kept getting better and better after that so take my advice and follow what your derm. told you to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #3
(female)

Evey55 HB User
Re: Please!advice About Doxy

Why go to the derm if you aren't going to follow what he tells you? I read that on here again and again...and then read complaints when the skin isn't clearing up !!!

My daughter uses Doxy and it clears her up beautifully. She uses Taz topical along with it and it works great too. She never had any kind of initial breakout from the antibiotic...it just started clearing her right away. I wouldn't think you'd need to switch from the cleanser you're using now if you like it. In fact, it may help you avoid any initial breakout by continuing to use a product you're skin is used to.

good luck

Closed Thread