It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 10:17 PM   #1
(male)

aussie16 HB User
How i beat acne

Hey everyone,

I used to come on here heaps when i had acne but now that im 95% clear, i havent bothered. But i feel i should share how i beat acne. Here goes.

During skool i had no acne. When i left skool, i started running 3 times a week in hot weather and i noticed that i started to get acne (i didnt put the two together). it was only moderate acne but i use to pop every pimple i had and i touched my face all the time and made it so much worse. and then after about 2 months when i had a really bad patch of acne, i went to the doctor on a routine visit. he suggested differin for my acne. this made my acne sooooooooo much worse. i thought this was just my skin getting rid of all the bad stuff but it never cleared up. after reading a great deal on acne i found out that my acne is caused by 1. heat and 2. self-aggravation. so i have developed the following plan to combat acne:

1. DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE - stop looking in the mirror and dont pop them cause it only spreads them. if you cant help yourself, learn to live with acne. its one or the other. its simple.

2. if you find your acne gets worse after exercising, summer or drinking alcohol, it is possible your acne is caused by heat. to prevent this, after exercise you should have a cold shower and hold ice packs on your face for about 10-15 minutes to cool your face down.

3. dont use heaps of fancy products on your face - all i use is a gentle soap cleanser. however, one hint when washing your face is that you should never touch your skin due to the bacteria under your fingernails. i put a little bit of my gentle cleanser in a cup, add water and then pour it over my face. then i run my face under a cold tap and tap dry with a clean towel.

4. chemical cleansers like differin are made to make money. its a long term way of beating acne and i have spoken to so many people who it never works for. so dont buy them!

i dont know how many people this plan will help, but i cant stress the fact that you shouldnt touch your face (when picking or washing). try this for 2 weeks and you should notice a difference. i get about 1-2 whiteheads a week and this is due to exercising and drinking. i used to get 1-2 everyday. i could become 100% clear if i stopped exercising and drinking but you cant let acne run your life. good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread