It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

LynX21 HB User
I am getting worried reading this board....

Mainly because some of you that used accutane and it didn't work for you. It is very distressful and a big downer. I hop eit works for me.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:58 PM   #2
(female)

river525 HB User
Re: I am getting worried reading this board....

My son has been taking it for a month and it is working for him!! The only side effect he has is chapped lips but not that bad. He started using lip balm the first day he took his first pill and has stayed ahead of the severe chapping. He didn't get the "horrible" breakout everyone mentions either. So............don't be worried. Just remember everyone is different and reacts different. Take care and good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 09:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

I used it and it worked wonderful for me. I really do think that for those that accutane worked for, they probably don't frequent the boards as much because they found their "cure."

Old 08-28-2005, 09:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

Hey I wouldn't worry too much. Accutane (my first course) cleared me 100%... yes, 100% for an entire year. I looked like one of those people we all envy with the perfect, flawless complexion, I almost forgot what having a zit was even like!! After about a year things started coming back, but VERY mild.. I had mild acne then for about the next two years, maybe getting a couple zits here and there once every two weeks or so.

Well now it is four years later and my acne has started getting a bit worse, I am hopefully going to start my second course of Accutane this Wednesday, and I am excited. You should be too! Accutane is the greatest. My boyfriend went on it like 7 years ago and he still to this day has PERFECT skin. For a lot of people, it clears them permanently. Be happy, you may very well be one of those people that after Accutane, never has to worry about zits EVER again!!!!

Old 08-28-2005, 05:03 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

LynX21 HB User

cassie, what about post acne marks and a little bit of redness i see on the right side of my face pimples becoming less but i still have redness and post acne marks and my face overall feels inflamed and dried out. and feel like my initial breakout thingy is taking forever...

Old 08-28-2005, 06:32 PM   #6
(female)

desertgirl HB User

Boston Girl is right... since I've been on accutane and found my "cure" I haven't really been around the board as much as when my skin was always breaking out. Accutane worked really, really well for me and I only get maybe one or two tiny pimples before my period. It's nothing I can't deal with. Those pills were seriously a miracle for me... I finally have some self confidence!

Closed Thread