It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

bsg17 HB User
Boot Camp

Hi everybody,

Im a 20 year old female and I joined the Navy. Im going to boot camp in two weeks. Im scared of course but my biggest concern is my acne (apperance). You are not allowed to use any acne medicine in boot camp not even face wash. makeup is not allowed either. So Im worried tha everyone else will have good skin exept me. Maybe bootcamp will help my skin. Bootcamp is two months long by the way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User
Re: Boot Camp

I can see them not allowing makeup, but how on earth can they prevent you from washing your face???? that is messed up...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 03:23 AM   #3
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User

bsg17,

Wow bootcamp sounds really tough. Good luck with it all.

At least you will now experience what it feels like to be a guy, that is, living in a world WITHOUT MAKEUP. And such a horrible world it is. The fact that guys can't wear make-up is sooooo horrendous it's too terrible to contemplate. I could cure all my woes by applying make-up and covering my skin's uneveness. You girls are sooo lucky I must say. I would die to be a girl because I could just race into a cosmetic shop and buy that life giving, confidence lifting, life-changing powder that is make-up...

AA
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Old 08-29-2005, 08:09 AM   #4
(female)

mo523 HB User

Yes, I have heard about how boot camps are. Serious business. They definitely don't play around. Try giving yourself a glycolic peel. Try the L'oreal one. It's only 19.99 at Walmart. Do that for the two weeks before your boot camp. I'm not sure if they will allow these products. But the Alpha Hydrox line is suppossed to be gentle for the skin. The foaming face wash is alcohol, soap, fragrance, free. And then you can get the cream, which might not be allowed, but it's suppossed to have glycolic acid in it.

Are you allowed to use natural products? Find out if you can.Maybe you can bring with you some tea tree oil amd apply it everday after your cleansing regimen. It's suppossed to act like BP. Aloe vera, which I love, should be allowed. Get the fruit of the earth. Also, the Aztec Indian Clay mask, which will shrink your pimples overnight. It comes in a powder form and you mix it with 100% apple cider vinegar. If you can't bring this with you to camp. I urge you to go to your local health food store and get this product. Use it every night before it's time for you to go to camp.

As far as the camp helping with your skin, it should definitely help. As boot camps are known for making you eat a strict diet.

I wish you the best of luck and keep us informed about what happened :-)

Old 08-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #5
(female)

bsg17 HB User

Well they do let you wash your face. They just wont let you use any face wash thats made for acne. I think I'll just not use anything for my face while Im there. Plus It would really be embarrassing to be appling zit cream to my face in front of everyone(I'll be sharing a room with 80 females). I probalby wont have time to use something anyways. You only get to shower for 3 minutes all at the same time as the other females.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User

any idea what the rationale behind that is?? to me it does not make sense to say you could wash your face with soap or some other substance, just nothing designed for acne....i dont get it....

Old 08-30-2005, 05:33 PM   #7
(female)

flamingos HB User

I would suggest washing your face with something, like cetaphil maybe. This would probably be better than nothing at all.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:35 PM   #8
(female)

FusionAmber HB User

Hibiclens cleanser is great for acne, and it doesn't say that it is made for acne on the bottle, so maybe you could bring that? My face is clear since I started using it.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:20 PM   #9
(female)

bloch HB User

I went through army boot camp, and honestly you are so busy all the time, that you dont even think about your skin. They have you drinking so much water there all the time that your skin really doesnt suffer, no sweets no soda. You do sweat an awful lot, but overall its not bad. My best advice to you is to be in fairly good shape before you go. If you are boot camp will actually be a fun experience.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:19 PM   #10
(female)

bsg17 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionAmber
Hibiclens cleanser is great for acne, and it doesn't say that it is made for acne on the bottle, so maybe you could bring that? My face is clear since I started using it.
Where is the cleanser sold and how much is it?

Old 08-31-2005, 08:20 PM   #11
(female)

FusionAmber HB User

Sold at any drugstore in the first aid section. Its about $10 for a bottle that lasts forever.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:25 AM   #12
(female)

bsg17 HB User

Any one have any more advices? Come on people. At least tell me if you like the military or not. I leave very soon! I debating though if I should pop a zit in boot camp though. I mean who wasnts to be seen like that? Its just good manners to pop 'em and do everyone else a favor.

Closed Thread