It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 10:10 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

theillone HB User
How long before a suntan goes away for a light skin person???

Does suntans go away for a light skin person, and if so, how long before the tan goes away and they get their natural complexion back??? any one knows, I appreciate any help????

Old 08-29-2005, 03:14 PM   #2
(female)

snidgette HB User
Re: How long before a suntan goes away for a light skin person???

I don't know if tans can go away completely, but I get tanned in the summer, and it goes away somewhat in the winter. (lack of sun)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 12:37 AM   #3
(male)

poorme123 HB User

If you stayed inside for a month, then you would probably notice it completely gone because as many know, a new layer of skin is exposed every month. However, most of us, even after getting a good tan still go outside on a regular basis, and this exposure to the sun alone seems to keep the tan on for a bit longer. Where I live, summer takes place from december to january. I get a good tan in january, but as the winter months approach, I spend less time outside and the tan is usually mostly gone by the beginning of april. Also it depends a lot on what skin type you have.

There are six skin types recognised by dermatologists. Skin types 1-3 are what caucasion people fall under. Skin types 4-6 are skin that is naturally olive through to very black skin.

If you are skin type one, you would typically have blue eyes and pale skin which does not tan at all and burns very easily. Type two does not tan very easily, and over exposure all at once leads to burning, not tanning. You need to gradualy build up 'layers'. Skin type 3 burns first, but then tans after the initial burn (usually within 2 days you are tanned rather that red.)

I happen to have skin type 3 for reference.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:41 AM   #4
(male)

bomber HB User

Or you can be like me, takes me like 2 months to lose a tan, (couple summers ago i didnt go outside really), and then take about the same amount of time to get tan again, without burning easily.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:11 AM   #5
(male)

tigra HB User

totaqly depends on your skin and the conditions you are in.

Unfortunatly I lose my tan quite quickly, after about a month Im back to normal *sob*

Old 09-03-2005, 12:44 PM   #6
(male)

shazwoz HB User

Umm if get really tanned like if I was away in the sun for a week, it usually lasts for about a week, then I gradually fade back to normal. Having said that I my chest saw alot of sun this summer & is still quite brown.

Closed Thread