It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
(female)

finallyfreealmost! HB User
strange benefits of chickenpox lotion

I have controlled my acne for years with obagi and various retinoids, like retin a, differin etc, still got regular breakouts, but something strange happened recently.
I had eaten something that gave me a severe allergic type reaction, itchy rash from head to toe, and my doctor put me on oral prednisolone and a topical cortisone cream for a few days. Anyway, it didn't really help, the swelling went down but the rash didn't disappear, and the itching continued.

Out of desperation, I went and bought some of that Aveeno lotion for chicken pox and hives, that contains calamine and a topical anaesthetic that comes in a little cream plastic bottle, and used it all over my face and body twice a day. After about 6 days, I noticed that not only had the rash gone, so had my acne, and it hasn't come back. Now I am just washing with cetaphil antibacterial bar, and using the chickenpox lotion on my face, too scared to stop. Has anyone else ever tried this for acne? Have also noticed that it keeps my makeup matte for hours!

Old 09-27-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
(male)

CursedSkin HB User
Re: strange benefits of chickenpox lotion

sounds interesting..may try it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2005, 12:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User
Re: strange benefits of chickenpox lotion

that's cool but oral prednisone will take acne down in few days too. it will be interesting to see if the acne stays away when you come off the oral meds. let us know please

Closed Thread