It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
(female)

goldenseal HB User
Share your natural skin care regimen!!!!

Do any of you have a natural skin care regimen (using natural and/or simple products)??? If so, please share!!!!!!!!

Some particular things I've been curious lately are washing w/ salt water, aloe vera, jojoba and/or camellia oil, egg yolk masks, capsiderm... etc... I'm basically looking for really simple and healthy face washes (whether homemade or storebought) which won't irritate my skin, yet will get rid of my stubborn whiteheads and pimples!! Thankyou!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 11:46 PM   #2
(female)

goldenseal HB User
Re: Share your natural skin care regimen!!!!

Oh yeah... and I'm also interested as to whether you all believe natural remedies and such actually work as well as the harsher products such as biore, neutrogena.. etc...

?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 01:01 AM   #3
(female)

.Dot HB User

Hmmm so curious! I recently decided my skin was way too sensitive for all those harsh products out there! Anyone have and suggestions or stories to share?

Last edited by .Dot; 09-02-2005 at 07:20 PM.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:28 AM   #4
(female)

tweety987 HB User

As a teenager I had very sensitive skin. Sure - I said I had acne - but really didn't. I just always had that one or 2 offending pimples.Whiteheads. And blackheads on my nose. But other then that, my skin was mostly okay. I found taht everytime I bought cool new facial care products that inspired me by their packaging - I'd get all red and itchy or break out and get another pimple. Then I got hives that would end up turning into a pimple. I eventually gave up.

Now - at 25 - here is my regime. Firstly, My skin even though it got oily quickly, was actually quite dry bc of all the harsh stuff i put on it. after showering, if your skin shows flakes, or feels tight, its dry. Even though it can be oily all day. So I washed my face in the morning and evening with Phisoderm for dry skin. A green bottle. Its a VERY MILD cleanser, and doesn't dry out the skin.

If I got a pimple I'd dab on a bit of alcahol, or tea tree oil (very strong smell though) and occasionally a dab of zinc oxide in the form of A&D Ointment (the white one). That helped clear up breakouts beautifully.

Over the years I've switched to Noxema Triple Clean. I use that every morning and evening now. My skin is almost totally clear. I've noticed it drying out recently more and more, and I might consider dove or another mild moisterizer at some point - or I'll go back to Phisoderm.

What I do NOT use - an ABSOLUTE NO NO - is any products containing salycic acid. Its meant for those with acne - but unless you have SEVERE acne - don't use it. If you hae isolated pimples - DON'T use it. It will dry out your skin dramatically, cause redness, scaly dry flakes, itchiness, hives, and the works.

With sensitive skin - Less, is More! It needs a simple washing twice a day, and the occasional spot treatment - and that's all. Nature does the rest.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:41 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

^ I feel differently about Salcylic (sp) acid. I actually prefer it to BP. I think it cleans my pores more and it never makes me red or irritated (i only use a low percentage, 1% on my face and 2% on my body if needed). I also dont have severe acne at all (right now my skin is pretty clear).

The only natural steps in my regimen are:

Drink White tea (2 cups a day)

Swipe the White tea bag all over my face as a toner (makes skin look healthy)

Dab Aloe on popped pimples to heal them

I do believe that the natural approach is better for your skin

Old 08-31-2005, 10:01 AM   #6
(female)

.Dot HB User

Here's my problem; I have really really sensitive skin. When I use chemical containing products (such as salcylic acid) my skin just gets really really irritated. Yet, all the "natural" products I've used don't do anything in terms of ridding my small pimples, blackheads and whiteheads! What I'd really love to do is just find a good natural facewash, a good lotion to put on in the morning that won't break me out, and maybe aloe vera at night. PLEASE PLEASE help me find a natural facewash that will clear my skin!

Old 08-31-2005, 03:50 PM   #7
(female)

mo523 HB User

Here is what I have been doing, I've been doing it for about a month and it has worked wonders. I don't have sever acne, but I do tend to get whiteheads frequently.

Vitamins
Womens Onesource Daily w. green tea and cranberry extract (its' the one in the pink bottle, made for active women. I am not that active, but I have been using it) You are suppossed to take them twice a day.

Health From The Sun's Flax Primrose Combo (1,300 mg each) It says to take 3-6 a day. I have been taking 3 a day

New Chapter's Green&White Mixed Supplement. You take them twice a day. I take them before I eat a meal.
**Get the Women's One Source from Walmart, its the cheapest there. The other supplements, you will have to get from a healthfood store, unless you can find it on line.

Every since I have been on these vitamins, I have not broken out, and this is the first time since "that time of the month" has came that I have not broken out.

My Cleansing Regimen:
DDF Foaming Cleanser (its suppossed to have a little SA in it, but there is no percentage on it, but it has a lot of botanicals in it as well). I use this in the morning and at night.
DDF Acne Pumice Facial Scrub: I use this every evening
DDF glycolic Toner (used after cleansing every morning and evening)
Aloe Vera Gel ( I use it in the morning after I clean)
Vitamin A ( put this on my face at night)

**THIS I AlSO BELIEVE HAS MADE AN INCREDIBLE DIFFERENCE** Get the Aztec Indian Clay (found at your local health food store or online) I have been using this about 3 times a week. You are supposed to mix it with 100%Apple Cider Vinegar. You can use it with water, but I haven't used it with water, so I cannot comment on the effectiveness of it. It will make your skin extremely smooth. YOu may also use this as a spot treatment. If used overnight, your pimple will shrink considerably.

I too am trying to gradually get myself off of the medicated stuff as well, so I understand how you feel. I've heard about a product called Alpha Hydrox that is supposed to be gentle . It does contain glycolic acid, so I don't know. But it's supposed to be affordable and work wonders on the skin. If anyone can comment on it, I would like to hear what you guys think.

Hope this helps and good luck to everyone...

Old 08-31-2005, 05:28 PM   #8
(female)

.Dot HB User

Thanks for the tips mo! I've heard about indian aztec clay, do you use it as a facewash? a mask?? or just spot treatment? The problem w/ spot treatment though, is that there are too many spots! And most of them are just whiteheads and under the surface kinda stuff...

Last edited by .Dot; 09-01-2005 at 05:14 PM.

Old 09-01-2005, 06:00 PM   #9
(female)

mo523 HB User

Hey Dot,
I have been using the Aztec Mask as a spot treatment and mask. Once I started using the mask, I had this huge zit, for about 3 nights in a row, I left the mask on that zit and it disappeared. I don't use the mask as a cleanser. I haven't heard of anyone using it in that way. I use the mask about three-four times a week. I had thought about sleeping with it on, but once you put that mask on, you will no that that is an absolute NO NO! Never in my life, has a mask gotten so tight on my face. You will see that when you use it, your face literally vibrates and it gets so tight, that after 20 minutes you want that stuff off! LOL. But hey, it works :-)

Old 09-01-2005, 10:30 PM   #10
(female)

.Dot HB User

Haha sounds great did it clear up your skin? did it irritate it? soryr for all the questions

has anyone ever made an egg mask?

Old 09-03-2005, 01:31 PM   #11
(female)

mo523 HB User

It's o.k, if you want answers, you must ask questions. I feel as though it helped. But I have to say that I believe the supplements helped as well. If you look at the first post, you'll see what vitamins I used and how I used them.

I have tried egg masks before. At the time when I tried it, it didn't seem to help. I did like a 30 day mask or something and it only seem to clog my pores even more. You may have success though.

Old 09-03-2005, 03:19 PM   #12
(male)

almostclear7 HB User

Tomorrow I am trying a multi-vitamin for men by GNC. The mega men time released kind. I was on them before I ever got acne, but had developed some kind of skin lesions before and Pro-Activ helped clear that up without any scars developing, however during this time when I was clear I was on this multi-vitamin. This week has been very stressful and I've been eating junk food (chocolate and icecream and cookies...) like crazy. Just a lazy and depressing week. Not to mention some other health problems I have on-going, but I have this week been drinking 5 cups of green tea every day and about 12 glasses of water a day. I took vitamin C tablets the last three days and I know things have gotten worse, but it's because of the stress and lack of sleep. Also I know I rub my face into my sheets at night and this doesn't exactly help. Hopefully, in a week or two I'll be about clear like I was a few weeks ago.

Closed Thread