It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
(male)

Skigomaniac HB User
Does this sound weird to anyone else?

Ok so anyway I'm a 22 year old male, In pretty damn good health if you ask me (I eat well and excerise/weight train/athlete) Anyway I only seem to really get acne on one side of my face (my right side) also thats the side where my receeding hairline decided to go back farther than the other side? Is this just a coincidence or what? Like if you look at my face up close in the light the left side of my face is smooth and nice and the rightside is all bumpy like there are little whiteheads under the skin. I wash my face everyday sometimes twice a day with a clearasol salysilic acid (2%) and it seems to help but if anyone else has other suggestions, My digestive system is pretty screwed up because I was a celiac for a few years without figuring it out untill last spring. I was reading another post about cleansing my system, but that sounds kinda unhealthy (fasting for 36 hours?) I would get sick as hell. I am prolly one of those overactive metabolism's types they were talking about in another thread but I don't really buy all this new age (TOXINS ARE DESTROYING YOUR BODY) "eat this miracle herb it was picked in the farthest reaches of the himalayas"

Also on a side note, I read on here that Vitamin A is good for acne? Are there any others particularly that are good for healthy skin? My skin takes a lot of abuse in the winter (I ski competitivley, so I'm out in the cold wind for 30+ hours a week) I just want it to be healthier, also finishing up "clearing" my skin would be great if it's even possible.

Last edited by Skigomaniac; 08-31-2005 at 11:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 11:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User
Re: Does this sound weird to anyone else?

Do you sleep on that side of your face and body?

Old 08-31-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
(male)

Skigomaniac HB User

See I can't really tell that was my first theory, but I seem to toss and turn at night (I am horrible at sleeping) I think I sleep on my left side (the good side of my face) but I'm not 100%. Is there anything I can do to my pillow to keep it from breaking me out if so?

Old 08-31-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

firstly, change your pillowcase or wash it everyday. I started doing this about a month ago and I am amazed at how much better my face is (especially on the right side where I tend to settle into sleep).

Putting another pillow between your knees before you fall to sleep can also help you from tossing and turning through the night.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:22 PM   #5
(male)

Skigomaniac HB User

Cool I'll check it out. Ever since I went on a healthier diet this spring (cuz I found out I was celiac so I couldnt eat processed foods anymore) My acne has begun to subside a lot. (minus the last month or so of weight lifting at eating my *** off) It's not that big of a deal to me but if I can get clearer skin with minor lifestyle adjustments, why not.

Closed Thread