It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
(male)

boricuaitaliano HB User
Accutane

I have been taking accutane for about three weeks and I have been noticing my eyes are always red and dry. I also am noticing my lips are always dry even after putting chapstick or other products I cant spell. Also I have been getting nose bleeds but over all my face is clearing up
My back is still the same, so does anyone know how long does it take for the clearing to start and are these problems normal?
I am taking 40mg a day in the morning. Taking them at night causes my sleep to go from bad to very bad.
Thnx

Old 09-01-2005, 11:15 AM   #2
(male)

heymikey1981 HB User
Re: Accutane

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuaitaliano
... I have been noticing my eyes are always red and dry. I also am noticing my lips are always dry even after putting chapstick or other products I cant spell. Also I have been getting nose bleeds but over all my face is clearing up
...are these problems normal?
Yes, those problems are normal.

Just wondering, didn't you read the information sheet that comes with the medication? Didn't your doctor explain the side effects of the drug?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #3
(female)

tbrook7 HB User

I'm on my 3rd round of accutane the first my junior year of highschool the second my freshman year of college and now the third and hopefully final my junior year of college. Aquaphor is amazing i use it on my lips and inside my nose. This sounds kinda gross but I've been drinking aloe vera juice and it seems to help ( don't drink 2 much it can have a laxative effect)

Old 09-01-2005, 12:45 PM   #4
(female)

Evey55 HB User

Is that the Aquaphor in the jar? Or the tube? Or is it the same thing?
Does it come in a "lipstick" type tube?
THANKS

Old 09-01-2005, 09:57 PM   #5
(male)

boricuaitaliano HB User

Actually I did read the possible side effects before signing but this is not what I was going with this.
To make a long story short do these side effects go away? My nose has been bleeding one week straight and I dont know what to do besides put something in it to clog it. The redness and burning of the eyes I use eye drops and I have been use vasiline for the lips but tbrook7 mentioned "Aquaphor is amazing " so I will look for it tomorrow.
Just curious,
thnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymikey1981
Yes, those problems are normal.

Just wondering, didn't you read the information sheet that comes with the medication? Didn't your doctor explain the side effects of the drug?

Old 09-03-2005, 11:06 PM   #6
(male)

boricuaitaliano HB User

Last question,
I was reading the warning signs and vitamin A was on the list but I do need to take my vitamins. I have multiple vitamins and drink Myoplex meal replacement drinks which does contain vitamin A. How big of a problem is taking vitamin A and should I be worried?.
Any feedback..

Old 09-05-2005, 12:21 AM   #7
(male)

accknee-sucks HB User

does accutane prevent acne from occurring and does it get rid of the scars

Old 09-05-2005, 07:47 AM   #8
(male)

jaffers HB User

Yes! Stop taking everything with vitamin A in it. That's probably why your side effects are as bad as they are. Accutane is basically just a concentrated form of vitamin A, so when you take in additional vitamin A you make all the side effects way worse. Find a multivitamin that doesn't have A in it. Buy five seperate bottles if you have to. This should help you a lot.

Closed Thread