It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 08:08 AM   #1
(male)

randysavage HB User
accutane and depression

hey I know its been "proven" now that there is no connection, but all the papers you sign to get on this medicine warn you about it. I just finished my first month and I'm getting terrible depression. Absolutely terrible depression. I want to goto counseling, but I'm afraid that they will ask if I'm taking medication, and then when they find out I'm on accutane they will take it away. I want to stay on the drug, but I also want to feel better. What should I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 01:15 PM   #2
(female)

desertgirl HB User
Re: accutane and depression

Hey... it really sucks that you're going through this right now. Has anything else changed in your life recently? Maybe that's where the depression is coming from. Whenever I'm feeling upset or depressed, I try to focus on positive stuff. It sounds so cheesy, I know. If you're on accutane, why not focus on how your skin is improving? Make yourself get up everyday and do something. Go for a walk or go to the mall and look around. Exercise is really good for deprsession, I've heard a lot of people say. Don't let yourself dwell on it, if you can help it. It only gets worse. I went through a serious bought of depression four years ago (before I took accutane) and the only thing that got me through it was MAKING myself get through it. There are free hotlines that you can usually call for help with these things too... look through your local college to see if they have a number you can call to talk to peer counsellors (sp?) in your area. Even if your not in college, they'll help you out.

Last thing is that, if you've tried everything else then maybe you should go to a counselor. They can monitor you and maybe reduce your dose of accutane or help you through it. Please take care of yourself and do what's best for you. A miserable life without acne is worse than a happier life with acne. I think, anyway. good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
(male)

randysavage HB User

Well I moved away from my girlfriend, and I recently grew a lot, like plus 6'4 and I'm REALLY self conscious of that, I hate being taller than everyone else, and I can't accept it.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #4
(male)

california1 HB User

dude you're 6'4" and youre actually going to complain about that? im considered average at 5'9" and i'd kill to get your size. i look around and see everyone who's taller than me and i get sick. if i was 6'4" i'd be in the NHL right now kicking everyones azzes. be proud you're 6'4"... did you know that guys your size are the only ones allowed to date models? im serious, like runway models cause theyre like 6' tall. it's in their contract, "no dating men under 6'1" ". and dont worry the acne will die off.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by randysavage
Well I moved away from my girlfriend, and I recently grew a lot, like plus 6'4 and I'm REALLY self conscious of that, I hate being taller than everyone else, and I can't accept it.

I am a girl and I can tell you...do NOT be self-counscious about 6'4! Tall Men are very attractive to women!

If you are depressed, you really should talk to someone.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:38 PM   #6
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

randysavage,

You should exercise,

Run at least 2 miles a day.

Trust me it'll help.

Closed Thread