It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 11:13 PM   #1
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User
Over 21+ years old with acne, Desperate? I will lend a hand.

Hello,

It is to my pleasure to re-visit this board after 3 years of constant reading on this board, From many well informed sources such as SweetJade and Other smart contributors,
I have stopped the acne process since 2002, It is still there, I can turn it back on any time I do not follow my "Healthy" regime.

Let me tell you a little about myself
I am 23 years old, almost 24 years old, I've had acne since I was 13, It terrorized my life and motivated me in other extents.
The internet brought on much discussion about how to treat acne which I thank the people for their contributions.
Now that I have went through every single method treatment possible, I have seen it all and tested them all.
I have taken accutane 3 times, I have been on b5,
Both work tremondously well I must say, but my acne was always coming back.
I have oily skin.

I am now 99% clear, although anytime I do not follow my unhealthy living process, acne will come back.

I truely believe, if I have not discovered the multiple steps to stop acne, I would have acne till I am 35 years old or older.

So to all the 21+ year old people who still have acne WITH oily skin, this is a hormonal issue, if you would like me to elaborate on how to clear your acne naturally once and for all without crazy diets , washes , etc.

All the steps required do not require a penny being spent, it does require determination and diligence.

Please reply to this thread so I know there are some interests so I can continue and help the masses learn on what is the cause of acne.

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-01-2005 at 11:15 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Iwillhelpyou:
MGF (02-07-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Iwillhelpyou For This Useful Post:
MGF (02-07-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 11:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

joeh HB User
Re: Over 21+ years old with acne, Desperate? I will lend a hand.

i agree with u that this is hormonal...androgens...testosterone.the sebasious glands are hormonally controlled by this sex hormone.it doesnt matter where on the body it is...it is all hormonal acne.i went on spiro almost 3 years ago and my facial and body acne all cleared up at once.the debate is which way is the best way to balance this hormone in your body.if the sweet jade diet plan works for u...go for it.it will be healthier for u in the long run instead of using anti-androgens like me.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:06 AM   #3
(male)

soupyhead HB User

yea man i'd like some advice... i'm currently trying low carb diet and taking pills to cleanse out my system daily.. you can read the huge thread on it.. i'm 23 and still trying to deal with this annoyance

Old 09-02-2005, 05:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

I'm interested- Im your exact same age, have always had oily, somewhat breakout-prone skin, and I know its hormonal, because it gets worse around my period, and my current birth control has given me horrible skin right now that Im struggling over. I have been trying lots of stuff the past month and a half and really would like help with the hormone problem. The only thing that worked for me in the past was doryx (which I took when I stopped getting my period- again, hormonal), but im immune to it now.

Old 09-02-2005, 06:07 AM   #5
(female)

hmahappy HB User

Are you talking about PCOS? Please yes elaborate, i think mine too is hormonal. I took accutane twice. Now i'm so sick of everything all that i do these past weeks is lemonade and baking soda.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:24 AM   #6
(female)

sandaws HB User

I'm interested. I definitely have hormonal acne. I'm 22 and it seems to have changed in character, more on my cheeks and jawline now, and and bad breakouts around my period. I've also been on Accutane, antibiotics, lots of topicals, natural supplements, and even light therapy, and it never improves. So, I'm always looking for another way to beat this!!

Old 09-02-2005, 09:29 AM   #7
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Ok, Let me start by explaining the acne process.

This is for **oily skin patients** with acne over 21+
This requires cooking and self preparation of meals.

Acne process:
1) All oily skin patients 99% have excessive testerone,

Excessive testerone means your body will not produce the insulin/chemicals to metabolize the CARBOHYDRATES you eat in your body.

2) What increases testerone?
Sexual intercourse/masturbation
Stress

What decreases testerone?
Aging (older people have lower testerone)
Exercising

What happens when my testerone doesn't reduce as I age?
This is us, 21+ over with acne.

3) What does testerone have to do with oily skin?

More testerone = Less body chemicals/insulin to metabolize carbohydrates.

EXPERIEMENT#1: How to lower/decrease your skin oil in 2-3 days.

This will take 3 days, because carbohydrates likes to stay in the body for 2 whole days.

The body requires carbohydrates to survive or you will start getting withdrawals.

For the experiement we will reduce carbohydrates for 2 days to LOW! (We will increase this later to stay healthy!) . You will feel withdrawals, this is normal, just hold on.

Supplies: Lettuce/ broccolli / vegetables any greens
Steak/ Chicken / Eggs /

Morning #1 ) Cook your vegetables with meats

Portion size: two fist full, NO MORE!
Your skin will produce oil if you overeat.

In between snacks : small portions of vegs/meats

Lunch #2: Same

In between snacks: small portions of vegs/meats

Dinner #3: Vegs + Meats + half slice of whole wheat bread

Run or lift weights if you eat the half whole wheat slice of bread *IMPORTANT*

Remeber carbohydrates require you to burn/exercise it off, if you do not, the carbohydrates will turn into OIL ON YOUR FACE.

The body stores any excess carbs as FAT

unfortunately we acne users, get it on our FACE instead of our hips or butt or stomach.

Do this for 2 days, you will see decreased oil on your face.

Note #1: This is not a complete erasure of carbs. Our body NEEDS carbs to function properly. This is only the experiement.

Note #2: Watch your portion size, during main meals 2 fist sizes MAX , anything more will result in excessive CALORIES which will be converted into FAT/oil to your face.

Try the experiement, you have nothing to lose other then less oil on your face.

I will answer any questions now.

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-02-2005 at 07:38 PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:24 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

i might go with a mix of the diet and anti-androgens especially if the acne is severe.i agree if u can clear your skin with this diet....go with it....it will be a lot healthier for u....but the big question is.....do most people have the will power to stick with it.its a lot of work.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:35 AM   #9
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

joeh,

This is not the diet, this is only the experiement

I know what you are thinking "Theres no way I can ever sustain that" - I AGREE! But this is only for 2 days.

Because you want to know if your body actually responds to this kind of withdrawal so you can take it further.

We will increase to the food lots once we know your body does decrease oil production when you withdrawal carbs from it.

I don't believe in diets, because I know myself that eating just meats and vegetables can make you very withdrawalal like and your body requires carbs such as bread , rice , and fruits and other goodies to stay healthy.

I stress, I don't believe in diets, Life can't be lived just eating meats and vegetables. This is only the experiement diet to know if your body responds to carb intake withdrawal.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:39 AM   #10
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Maintaining healthy skin, requires more then just diet.

I dieted well, but it never cleared my acne 99% , maybe 75% , and it made me feel like CRAP Everyday,

Life is not worth living with clear skin but you can't eat nothing! I hated it.

Less oil definately produces less acne, but still you will still produce some oil.

This is the key in maintaining a healthy and happy body, Dieting is not healthy, I would never recommend it.

There are more things such as pore excretion and excretion in general to keep the body healthy.

I will elaborate further , Anybody have questions I will answer them right now.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:56 AM   #11
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Main Goal To understand:

We acne prone sufferers have extra work to do.

You have to tell yourself "I am ready to put in extra effort to keep my skin clear, but it will be clear and I will be very healthy at the same time"

While we can blame the world, Everybody has their issues,
Some people are born blind, some people are born with a club foot, Some people are born retarded. Some people are fat.

Everybody has to work at something.

We are born with a body that does not metabolize carbohydrates correctly.

This is very similar to diabetics, We just have skin diabetics.

If we understand the faults of our body: "can not metabolize carbs correctly therefore producing more skin oil"

We are already half way to our goal.

Now we have to break down exactly how do we put our body at equilibirum but still feel NORMAL? still feel GOOD?
still feel like we aren't starving ourselves from the restaurants we love.

This is the question I've struggled for a long time and have figured out every single specifics on what effects oil production and pore clogging.

Any questions ask and I will answer.

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-02-2005 at 12:04 PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #12
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

I understand the usefulness of Accutane, B5 , spiro, and other VERY EFFECTIVE medicines,

I so agree they are so effective, I loved accutane like it was like my 2nd brother. It was a gift from god to me. I went on my last course even without a note and paid cash for it $500 a month. I was desperate.

After being on a few courses of them (being completely clear while on them) I've decided I was addicted to this strong medicine.

That I can not continue taking these medicines for life, This is not normal, This will hurt me in the long run.

I need to change, I need to change god damnit, I WANT TO CHANGE. I don't want to live like this.

On goes a journey of 2-3 years to find my solution.

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-02-2005 at 12:16 PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #13
(male)

soupyhead HB User

so no carbs.. i've been trying it but never really got to 0 carbs.. maybe like 30 a day.. which is very low.. i think it has helped but i'm not sure if it will completely clear me if i do 0 carbs.. its a hard thing to do.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #14
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Soupyhead,
Thats the issue, Believe it or not, you need to eat carbs to actually have clear skin!

Can you state your exercising habits/ sweating habits?
Can you state what do you eat mornining , lunch dinner

How old are you etc/general information.

so I can understand you better.

Not eating carbs does not reduce acne! it does reduce oily skin.

That is the difference!

Old 09-02-2005, 01:10 PM   #15
(female)

thesedays HB User

I have nothing to add reallly, but after reading this, I just want to clear up a few things ......eating what is listed here is NOT 0 carbs.

Brocolli has 4 gr carbs per serving (fist) .....ALL veggies have carbs, however, they are the "good carbs" not the sugar, refined bad carbs.

NO ONE should eat 0 carbs, even for 2 days. The MINIMUM amount of carbs you should intake (but still using the GOOD carbs) is 20 per day.

I do follow the LC diet and it has cleared my skin .......but there is no REASON to drop your carbs below 20 and actually is NOT healthy.

Rule of thumb .....cut out anything white .....no bread, no pasta, no flour, no rice, no sugar ..........if you're drinking diet soda, or items labeled "sugar free" they are still using artificial sweetner and should also be cut out for at least two weeks. Lean meats, eggs, all green veggies, most veggies really, except the starchy and/or root veggies .....carrotts, etc.

You must also drink ALOT of water as this will flush the bad things out of your system.

Eventually you add more veggies / fruit / some grains into your diet.

However, even two days of 0 carbs is NOT healthy.

Closed Thread