It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2005, 04:35 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User
I can not live like this...what to do next?

Once again, just when I think things can't get any worse it does....been taking a tretinoin for the last 6 weeks, has not done a thing...skin is the same (or worse) than beforehand, even though I should be past the initial outbreak now. Right now I have a zit in the tip of my nostril so my whole right nostril is inflamed and red...I look like a freak....that is not even counting the zits that continue to form daily along my jawline and chin...my dr. doesnt think im severe enough for accutane and just plans on giving me these temporary fixes (which arent even working!!) so what next? do i switch dr.'s until someone will give me accutane?? i cant afford to buy it off the net...all i know is (and ive been saying this for almost a year now) that i CANNOT live like this...it is affecting ALL aspects of my life...been calling in sick for work, taking all kinds of vacation days just so i dont need to go to work...avoiding guys...avoiding friends...have a friends wedding that im in in THREE WEEKS and i cannot imagine going like this...no way can i be in pictures like this...and no amount of makeup can hide it...

Old 09-02-2005, 05:27 AM   #2
(female)

chrishors7 HB User
Re: I can not live like this...what to do next?

I know exactly how you feel. I have had this problem for 7 years, and it has only gotten worse(cystic) over the years. Yesterday, I saw an old friend but from the way I acted, she probably thinks I am mad at her. And I don't even want to talk about guys. I am also giving up hope for dermatologists. All they seem to want to do is make a little more money on some "treatment."
As far as what to do next, I don't know what to say. That is why this board even exists. We are all here to support one another and look for answers. I personally, do not want to take accutane. After several courses of different antibiotics my dermatologist said that was what I was left with. I don't like the severity of that drug and I refuse to believe it is my only choice.
There is some reason that we develop this skin condition. I do my best to follow up every lead there is and what else is there to do than the best you can?
I have gotten really depressed over the way this horrible thing is recking the way I want to live, but I manage to pull through and look up again. As long as we do that, there is hope. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Smartpants,
I would advise you to switch doctors and get accutane.

If you are older then 23+ years old, then there may be other things you can try out, but if you are younger, get accutane, by far the best thing since slice bread.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User

I'm 25 and do want accutane...willing to put up with any side effects...at this point, i cant imagine anythign worse than my face looking like this....I'm going back to talk to my Dr. next week and if he isnt willing to consider accutane, ill ask for referral to dermatologist...in the meantime, im hiding out now, hoping things get better...

Closed Thread