It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
(male)

almostclear7 HB User
Use nothing at night on some nights

I have never really (since I started seeing a dermatologist a little over a year ago) NOT used anything on my face for my acne. I have it mostly gone with the exception of a few small red zits on my cheeks and some around my temples.-new outbreak from this week...stressful one it has been...

I use tretinoin cream and I was wondering how many others of you use anything else like a sulfur mask or some other topical medicine on your face when/if you choose not to use tretinoin that particular day. I know it says to reduce as needed, but I've never felt comfortable not using it at night. I might try it on one side of my face tonight though and leave the other alone.

Does anyone else here who is nearly finished with their acne tried just NOT using what they've been using for a long while just to see what would happen if anything for 1 night/day?

Old 09-04-2005, 06:15 AM   #2
(female)

health15 HB User
Re: Use nothing at night on some nights

I stopped using my Tretinoin (was using 3 times a week) and retinol .06% on the other nights for 1 whole week. I was on vacation and I think I got too much sun because my face was so dry, red, and irritated. My skin is actually BETTER! I only used a scrub in the morning and my clindamyacin gel with a good moisturizer at night. This is the best it has looked in months! I decided to just use the tretinoin every 4 days and continue with the scrub. I actually bought the epidermx, but haven't received it in the mail yet. I have pretty sensitive skin that is dry, but gets oily near the middle of day. In my case, less seems to be more. My skin is responding better to using less of tretinoin so that I can tolerate some type of scrub. I am using the mary kay microdermabasion as a scrub right now.
Using nothing on some nights has helped me! knock on wood!

Oh, I also wanted to mention this. I had these stubborn small red pimples, sometimes itchy between my nose and cheeks. They totally went away when I STOPPED using the tretinoin and retinol! I think that it was actually not pimples, but some type of eczema or irritation from the products. Also, the little small bumps on my forehead are going away too!

Last edited by health15; 09-04-2005 at 06:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
(male)

almostclear7 HB User
Re: Use nothing at night on some nights

that's good news to hear. I probably will try that in a few days if things don't clear up significantly. This new breakout I got last week and the one I got this week has made me appreciate just how clear I was prior to them. I can't wait until these new breakouts are gone. The one from last week is all but gone (was around the eye and temple area on each side of my face) and the new one seems to be getting a little better. I'm taking a multi-vitamin now. Started last night before dinner and it seems to have made a little difference. The past few mornings I've woken up with my face seemingly worse. This hadn't been the case for several months. My face typically looked better than the night or day before upon waking the next morning. Lately it hadn't been so, however today I see improvement. Still drinking lots more water than usual and 5 cups of green tea each day in addition to the multi-vitamin. Hoping this change will improve my skin within a couple of weeks before my sophomore year of college starts.

Closed Thread