It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2005, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

bahamagirl HB User
Talking no more acne! my regimen

Hi!
First i will tell u about my skin. From the age of about 12 ive had acne...not serious but always very oily and always about 3 pimples. My pores were getting really really huge and my skin was beginning to bother me. I went to the doctors and they tried me on several topical things but none of it worked.
So at 14 i went to a dermatologist.
He gave me minocin tablets and some differin gel. I must say..that did work to stop pimples (well, most of them) for a long time. It never helped with my really oily face though and so my pores just kept getting bigger and bigger and more blocked.
So although my acne was under control, my skin was still bad and was looking kinda ruined (i think from all the harsh products).
Then at 16 i moved country so was no longer able to get the products i was using and when i did find them it was REALLY expensive. And i also didnt like the idea of staying on mino (its an antibiotic) for a long time either.

So i went to a doctor here and got some birth control pills (it can be called Dianette or Diane 35) and some topical alcohol stuff. The Diane stuff didnt agree with my body at all...and it didnt help with my acne so i came off it and went on something else. The alcohol stuff again worked to stop most pimples (not all) but my skin was still getting in worse and worse condition.

So by that time i was getting abit worried about ruining my skin with this harsh stuff...my pores were massive and my skin was always looking like shiny leather.

Oh and btw, when u come off mino (or any antibiotic) your acne WILL come back....its not a cure- it just keeps it under control.
So my acne was coming back really bad and i didnt know wat to do about it. At one point i was using some salicilyic acid thing and it got SOOO bad for me...i mean about 12 BIG red pimples on my face. And they were starting to scar....
So i begged my doctor to put me on roaccuante..and he didnt want to but did. Anyway...i was only on it a month coz i got REALLY depressed...and broke out worse than i ever had done before...im talking seriously bad skin.

Ive never felt that baf before! i wasnt even going out the house! So i tried neutrogena acne wash and some vitamin neutrogena acne treatment- this was the BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!!!!!!!This has actually given me afew small pitted scars.........

Ok so now ive FINALLY found something that REALLY works for me. (im 19 btw)

Firstly im taking yasmin...this has really minimal side affects (i dont get any at all)....
Secondly im using proactiv. Now dont stop reading when u hear this!!!!!!! I honestly think BP is the best to use.....and i think i know why alot of u have irritation from proactiv.
With the cleanser u DO NOT SCRUB!!!!!!!!! Thats the worst thing u can do!!!! What i do is barely put ANY pressure on my face...just little circles with the tips of my fingers for about 15 seconds, if that!!!
Just remember to be REALLY gentle with ur face......irritation of any sort will actually give u acne...
Then if i have a pimple i use neutrogena on the spot acne stuff. Thats good.

For a face mask (i havent used it at the moment coz i havent had spots in AGES so i dont want to spoil it)
I use neutrogena acne mask (this is really great for those of u with greasy skin -dont use it if u have dry skin.)
Also queen helene mint julep mask....this is good but stings a little when u first put it on.

Now for what i think REALLY works from the inside:
*B complex
*Vitamin b6
*vitamin c with rose hip
*zinc
*aloe vera capsules (u can get the natural pure stuff and drink it too)
*vitamin e (this is good for scarring they told me)

Also i usually take green tea capsules -this is actually supposed to prevent cancer which is another reason i was taking it but i ran out

For u girls with hormonal acne- evening primrose oil is great aswell...i just dont have enough money to buy so many vitamins!!!

And the last thing is makeup...ive found jane iredale mineral makeup and since using that i havent broken out either!!!!!!!

I really would advise people to give this a try....i have NO PIMPLES!!! NONE!!!!!! Although i do have afew little pitted scars and marks from old spots that are taking ages to face.......im hoping they will go in time
My mineral makeup also makes this hardly noticable at all!!!

Oh and heres the stuff i have tried in the past:
Differin gel (i would reccomend this!)
panoxle (again this is a good one if u are ok with bp)
minocin (works but when u come off it ur acne will come straight back)
clean and clear (doesnt work)
oxy pads (dont work)
nu skin clear action (doesnt work)
accutane (made my acne a million times worse and i got BAD side effects)
tea tree (doesnt work)
neutrogena acne wash (terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
neutrogena vitamin acne treatment (terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!)
some natural stuff (works ok)
noxema (works as a cleanser but not for acne )
ive probably tired loads of other stuff that doesnt work aswell

Well........as u can see im made up that ive found something that works for me!!!!!!!!! So if u have oily skin....then i would say try this....my skin is better hormonally, from the inside, and from the outside.

Oh and 1 last thing, cut out all sodas and as much fried/fast food as u can!!!

And drink green tea!!! This is soooooooo good for u!!!!!!! And plenty of water!

And remember to smile, ur the only 1 who cares about ur acne- dont let it take over ur life.

Any questions just ask

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2005, 10:22 AM   #2
(female)

FusionAmber HB User
Re: no more acne! my regimen

So happy to hear that you are clear. Thanks for the post!

Old 09-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

I have been on Yasmin for 5 months now and I think it was really what cured me. I always knew my acne was hormonal. I am 21 and I only had acne for 1 year because I got off the birth control pill to lose weight and then I went back on the pill after nothing would work for me. I also use Differin which I think is great stuff! Was your acne mild, moderate or severe? Mine was only mild but very persistant. I really like Yasmin though and I haven't had the bad side effects either.

Old 09-04-2005, 01:08 PM   #4
(female)

amo HB User

I hate to be a downer, but BCP is not a cure. I was on Yasmin, and it was great, my skin was fantastic. But six months after I went off, it was worse than before. This is not to say we shouldn't go on it, if I weren't planning on starting my family, I would still be on it.
But, I think to call it a cure is a false statement.
I think that I am not the only one to have had this kind of experience, so just be aware that if you plan on going off the pill at some point, you may have to deal with your acne resurfacing.
Again, I'm sorry to be a rain cloud, and I am truly happy for you Bahama girl that you've been able to keep your skin looking clear. It really is fabulous.

Old 09-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #5
(female)

Patriot89 HB User

Why haven't the mods gotten rid of you yet oldie? jeesh...

Old 09-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #6
(female)

bahamagirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot89
Why haven't the mods gotten rid of you yet oldie? jeesh...
What does that mean?

And to answer the question if my acne is mild/moderate/servere...i would say moderate.
My spots didnt just stay on 1 part of my face, i got them wherever....and i got cysts also.

Old 09-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #7
(female)

Patriot89 HB User

Oh, this guy with the name oldhill or something posted something really mean in reply to this post....so i replied asking why they hadnt gotten rid of him and his horrible replies yet, guess they did it! lol my reply wasnt a response to anyone but that mean guy...sorry for the confusion!

Old 09-04-2005, 05:18 PM   #8
(female)

amo HB User

Whew! I thought it was for me! Hey, I thought, 28 isn't that old!!! lol

Old 09-04-2005, 05:49 PM   #9
(female)

Patriot89 HB User

noooo i'm so sorry lol 28 ISNT old at all, that's young!

Old 09-04-2005, 07:00 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

Thats such great news bahamagirl!!

I hope your skin continues to improve and please keep us updated on your results. Your regimen seems great

Closed Thread