It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
(female)

amo HB User
anyone taking B5?

'ello all!
I was just looking thru old threads, and I saw a lot of people raving/ranting about how much they love/hate B5.
I am currently having good luck with my skin care routine, but I can't help but think that I should be doing something internally that might be a more permanant fix. While I know supplementing with B5 isn't a permanant fix, I'm still curious.
So, anyhoo...essentially I'm asking about B5, and who has tried it, what kind of results you've had, and what dosages you use(d).
Thanks

Old 09-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #2
(female)

amo HB User
Re: anyone taking B5?

Also, I was just looking around online...
Anyone heard of/tried Vilantae?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 02:38 PM   #3
(female)

amo HB User

Really??!!?
No one is doing this?

Old 09-05-2005, 04:51 PM   #4
(male)

CursedSkin HB User

i am going back on it..i stopped and the acne came back.

b5 only works when taken in large doses for me though.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

What is b5? Is it Vitamin B5? A topical vitamin? Or internal? Just wondering. If internal, how much do you recommend (dosage)? If topical, how or where do you get it? I suppose if topical they would have it by the vitamin section.

I have added B-complex to my regimen. I wonder how long until a person can tell if it is helping or not. Any suggestions or answers to above (maybe I am way off) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: I think I figured B5 is not a vitamin (or in the B vitamin family - not that I can find). So my question about B-complex may or may not be able to be answered here.

Last edited by Kelly03; 09-06-2005 at 11:51 AM.

Old 09-05-2005, 07:50 PM   #6
(male)

Rawraws HB User

I took 10 grams of B5 daily for 6 months. It never did one single thing for me. A huge waste of time and money.

Old 09-05-2005, 09:29 PM   #7
(male)

CursedSkin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly03
What is b5? Is it Vitamin B5? A topical vitamin? Or internal? Just wondering. If internal, how much do you recommend (dosage)? If topical, how or where do you get it? I suppose if topical they would have it by the vitamin section.

I have added B-complex to my regimen. I wonder how long until a person can tell if it is helping or not. Any suggestions or answers to above (maybe I am way off) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

b5 is simply pantothenic acid and it can be found in just about any health food store. i prefer solarays brand. but anyway its taken in large dosages (20 pills a day)

b5 is not a miracle cure, for some people it doesnt work. for me it worked. but basically it metabolizes fats so that you skin doesnt produce the "bad" sebum which cloges pores and causes bumps.

i was suprised to not see any topics on this board relating to it cause its on every other acne board i go to.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:01 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

CursedSkin,

Thank you for your response. I have learned so much from these boards. I am actually compiling a list (and trying a few here and there), for my dermatologist to see what she thinks may work better for me. Do you happen to know what Epidermx is made from? Is it over the counter, or prescription. What type of skin is it for?

Old 09-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #9
(male)

Smiffy HB User

For your info "Vilantae" is just the product name used by the manufacturer Evolution X for their B5 supplement, it has a few extra ingredients which are supposed to help , such as Biotin. I have been on B5 for almost a year now and it has helped a bit but not really enough to justify the outlay to be honest. If you take a large initial dose the oiliness of your skin will be reduced so if oiliness is a big problem for you then maybe its worth a shot. Good luck to you

Closed Thread