It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 08:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Question Back To Soap

After taking the advice of somebody on here last week i decided to stop using facial wipes and switch to simple Dove soap for sensitive skin, afterall the rest of my family have only ever used soap and their skin looks great, infact i think all of my problems actually began when i stopped using soap and went down the cleanser route.Most of my friends who continued with soap have clear skin now but i continued with cleansers and wipes etc and i still have problems ten years later.
Anyway i am enjoying the dove as it's simple to use and very cheap so far it has been fine, i haven't broken out any worse than normal, the only problem i have is that my hairline has become very dry.
I think i will just wash that area once daily as that may help.
Does anybody else just use a simple soap instead of cleansers etc ? and if so how do you find it ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User
Re: Back To Soap

I don't know if I am the one you got the advice from but I have posted on here several times that I use Dove for sensitive skin and I love it. Before I ever had acne that is all I would use was Dove and cetaphil moisturizer. Then when I developed acne after getting off birth control pills I tried alot of stuff like Brevoxyl that one derm. prescribed. It is a prescription benzoyl (spelling) peroxide face wash and it made my skin so red and irritated. I hated it then my new derm. told me that when I use my topicals(Differin and Klaron) I need to wash with a gentle cleanser. I told him all I ever used before was Dove and he said that would be great. I think some of you are just doing too much to your skin and irritating it. I know I was. But now thanks to my great derm. and Differin, Klaron, Doxy 100 mg once daily, and Yasmin I am 95% clear. I think it is mainly the Yasmin more than anything though because my acne showed all the signs of being hormonal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
(female)

jazmella HB User
Re: Back To Soap

I absolutely LOVE Dove's sensitive soap. I will never go back to another cleanser/soap ever! I'm so glad I gave it a shot. Such a beautiful soap.

Closed Thread