It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
(female)

kittenkaboodle6 HB User
wearing makeup to bed...helps???

Like most of you, I struggle with moderate/sometimes slightly severe acne. So I've also heard that wearing makeup to bed is a HUGE no-no. Well this weekend, i was out and slept in my makeup twice. When I woke up, my face had NO OIL and every zit was completely dried up. I didn't get to do any of my nightly routine. My face seriously looks 90% better now. I noticed the same thing a few months ago. Has anyone else had this experience and is this really bad for my skin????
Thanks!!!

Old 09-05-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
(female)

omalll HB User
Re: wearing makeup to bed...helps???

ive noticed this in the past a couple times. for me, i think it was because what i used to wash my face was too harsh. and the drying out made my skin worse. so your natural oils are probably what your skin needs. but i think its a bad habit to get into because eventually you will probably clog some pores and get pimples... whatever you're using, maybe if you switch to a really mild soap (dove, ivory, etc) it would work.. something that wont dry you out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 05:51 PM   #3
(female)

health15 HB User

Just recently I flew to Europe from the US and left my make up on the whole time. (it was an over night flight that look about 9 hours. My skin seemed to get better too. I ended up deciding to decrease the amount of products that i am using and my skin continues to get better. I don't think it is actually the make up, but like Omalll wrote, just that the skin is not getting over washed.
Regular make up will eventually clog the pores. I use mineral make up, and they claim that you can sleep in it. (bare minerals).

Old 09-06-2005, 07:11 AM   #4
(female)

portrgirl HB User

What do you normally do before you go to bed?

Old 09-06-2005, 01:26 PM   #5
(female)

kittenkaboodle6 HB User

Before going to bed, I usually rinse off my makeup, use a mild scrub, and put on Retin-A micro. Occasionally, I do have a picking problem. Wearing makeup for this long really dried my skin out (but for the better!). I think this may be telling me that I should stop trying so hard and just let it even itself out to a degree. So, what are the pros of mineral makeup, and is there a fairly inexpensive one out there (under $15)???

Old 09-15-2005, 08:07 AM   #6
(female)

portrgirl HB User

Check out Pure Luxe. It's my favorite. A tiny sample jar has lasted me for around five months! A 10gr jar is $8. That, along w/ my maybelline consealer stick, is a total life saver when I have a period of bad skin. Disguises it like nothing else can.

Closed Thread