It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 02:40 PM   #1
(male)

Healthy.J HB User
SAM-e Supplements?

This thread concerns the new theory discussion. Has anyone tried Sam-e for their acne and has it worked? I am currently taking Claritin and my acne seems to be clearing up and my overall complexion looks better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
(female)

amo HB User
Re: SAM-e Supplements?

I have been taking 400 mg/day of SAM-e for three and a half weeks, and my skin is looking better...however, I also started using epidermx in that time. So I cannot for certain say that the SAM-e is helping me. I'm going to continue taking it, partly because my mood is vastly improved.
The Claritin is working for you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #3
(male)

Healthy.J HB User
Re: SAM-e Supplements?

Thanks for the response. Yes, the Claritin really does seem to be working. I don't want to get my hopes to high, but if it's not the Claritin then I don't know what it is. My overall skin complexion just looks better and even some of my hyper pigmentation from pimples and using harsh products (clindamycin) seem to be fading. When I get angry I usually get this feeling of heat and itchiness over my body, but even that has decreased. Maybe I do have high histamine and maybe that has been what's aggravating my acne. Though it seems Claritin is working I want to stop using it because it's bad for your liver, to use it over a long period of time. It causes a toxic build up in the liver over an extended period of time, which is why I am drinking a liver detox tea right now. That's why I want to try Sam-e because I heard that it is very high in anti-histamines and it's actually good for your liver (I think) and your mood (which I need). I just wanted to put the histamine theory to the test, because when I was sick I was using medicine with some anti-histamines and my acne was getting much better.

Closed Thread