It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #1
(female)

.Dot HB User
Lightbulb DONT OBSESS or STRESS!!!

Don't obsess or stress over your skin... mentally and physically (they are both SO similar in this case!) I know this is so much easier said than done... and it is obviously not the one and only cure for acne. However, it really is a major factor! A year ago or 2 ago, when I was eating really terrible food I had the clearest skin. I was starting out high school, and was younger than I am now. Obviously my age could have been a huge factor... but I also didn't stress over my skin. I had some acne on my bad though (which alleviated as soon as I stopped thinking about it and picking at it). This year (i have also been eating amazingly pure and healthy foods this year... and have stayed away from dairy, sugar and wheat), as soon as I started to aim for glowing skin (w/o using oil containing moisturizers), I started to get whiteheads on my lower cheeks. At the end of the school year, I started to stress over it... and the more I thought about it... the more whiteheads i got--- on my forehead (a place i had never previously gotten whiteheads)!!! It was all down hill from there. This summer I became obsessive... and tried a handful of different products-- looking for the cure to my "ACNE". My skin got worse and worse. Finally... about a week ago... I tried epidermx.. my skin got SO irritated and I broke out into little bumps everywhere. I finally made the cosncious decision to STOP obsessing... I knew that was a major factor. Slowly but surely, my skin has been improving.

Not only has my situation convinced me that obsessing and stressing over your skin contributes to it, but it's also a known fact... and others have experienced it as well. I'd highly recommend to stop picking at your skin... and stop STREESSING and overthinking about it! As soon as you catch yourself doing so... jsut relax... and reassure yourself that others have acne too! Its OK... you're only human.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #2
(male)

omega47 HB User
Re: DONT OBSESS or STRESS!!!

Hey dot, so you're saying that thinking and stressing about acne makes your acne worse? which means acne can worsen mentally as well. I really do not know if this is correct. I heard/know that stress plays a major factor in acne, by some people at least.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
(female)

amo HB User

Well, we all know about stress effecting our bodies, right?
Headaches, stomach upset, etc. Acne can also be stress related. And if what you are stressed about is your acne, well then, there in lies the cycle.

I agree that we aren't doing ourselves any favors by obsessing over our acne. However, I think while we, or I should say I, can do my best to stay positive, I am still going to think about my skin all the time. That's just how it is for me. As long as I have acne on my face, I will not be able to forget about it. I can FEEL it, I know it's there and I will obsess over it to a certain degree.
My goal is to stay positive about myself, I may have acne, but that doesn't mean I'm ugly or even unattractive. And it WILL go away. It has to...I keep telling myself that...

Old 09-06-2005, 01:21 PM   #4
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

You are correct,
Stress does effect insulin levels which produces excessive oil on your face.

But that is only one part of the grand terrorism of acne haha

Closed Thread