It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 08:10 AM   #1
(male)

Rawraws HB User
Accutane costs?

I've been considering getting on Accutane lately but I'm concerned about the costs. I don't have insurance so it would all be coming out of my pocket. So for you people on tane, how much is your treatment costing per month? And what is your dosage?

Old 09-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User
Re: Accutane costs?

You can actually purchase Accutane on the web. There are sites and some are much cheaper than what I've been hearing the cost is. But then you have to know how much to dose yourself and for how long. I would NOT recommend this for a first time user, or anyone for that matter....you will need to be monitored. And the doctor/derm. needs to assess you to see if you are even able to use it. Again I stress I would NOT recommend buying it on the web. Just telling you it can be done, scarry huh.

Cost wise, I've heard people spending $285 a month. And then I have heard $300 - $600 per therapy (a clinic here in Minnesota). Which would come out to $70 - $140 a month. So I guess it depends on the dose and where you get it. See on the web I have seen it as cheap as $30-60 a bottle - those are the lower doses though. Again not recommended (the web buying thing).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #3
(male)

california1 HB User

costco had prices of below 400... #60, 40mg.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #4
(female)

realsad HB User

is it even legal to get it online?

Old 09-06-2005, 03:36 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsad
is it even legal to get it online?
Not sure, but then it shouldn't be sold at Cosco either.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:43 PM   #6
(male)

LA Drummer HB User

$10 co pay with my medical insurance

Old 09-06-2005, 04:44 PM   #7
(male)

california1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly03
Not sure, but then it shouldn't be sold at Cosco either.

costco has a pharmacy

Old 09-06-2005, 04:46 PM   #8
(male)

Rawraws HB User

Thanks for the replies. I've looked into purchasing Accutane straight off of the web. Apparently you can purchase it easily without a prescription. I considered trying to start myself on a low dose and see how I react. I really can't afford to pay for derm visits..tests..etc.. But this is probably a stupid idea and I'd like to hear some reasons not to do it. At this point I'm willing to go to some extreme measures because my acne has just gotten out of hand again.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:49 PM   #9
(male)

Rawraws HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Drummer
$10 co pay with my medical insurance
Wow. How much do you pay for insurance a month?

Old 09-06-2005, 05:40 PM   #10
(male)

california1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawraws
Thanks for the replies. I've looked into purchasing Accutane straight off of the web. Apparently you can purchase it easily without a prescription. I considered trying to start myself on a low dose and see how I react. I really can't afford to pay for derm visits..tests..etc.. But this is probably a stupid idea and I'd like to hear some reasons not to do it. At this point I'm willing to go to some extreme measures because my acne has just gotten out of hand again.

reasons not to do it? hmm lets see, its a major drug with major side effects and can cause serious birth defect damage and professional doctors need lab results to see if your body's chemistry is right for the drug.

i really wish you luck with the whole situation but you really need to be careful dude.

Last edited by california1; 09-06-2005 at 05:45 PM.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:58 PM   #11
(male)

Rawraws HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by california1
reasons not to do it? hmm lets see, its a major drug with major side effects and can cause serious birth defect damage and professional doctors need lab results to see if your body's chemistry is right for the drug.

i really wish you luck with the whole situation but you really need to be careful dude.

I'm not going to do it. I just was seriously considering it at one point.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:08 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawraws
I've been considering getting on Accutane lately but I'm concerned about the costs. I don't have insurance so it would all be coming out of my pocket. So for you people on tane, how much is your treatment costing per month? And what is your dosage?

First of all, do not buy this product from an online pharmacy or without a prescription. I understand that you don't have health insurance, but any company that will sell a product without a prescription isn't reputable, and is breaking the law (and is probably unlawful in other parts of their practice; selling counterfeit products for example).

Anyway, at a national pharmacy, here's the breakdown:

Accutane 10mg #30
Brand:$327.99
Generic: $209.19

Accutane 20mg #30
Brand: $401.09
Generic: $234.09

Accutane 40mg #30
Brand: $432.99
Generic: $250.99

In my experience, chain pharmacies tend to be more expensive, and the privately owned independant stores a little cheaper. Call around and see who will give you the best price, after you get a legit prescription.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:24 PM   #13
(male)

j_mac3 HB User

That is ridiculously expensive They act like accutane is a miracle medicine that cures acne but in reality from the post i've heard people are just wasting their money on a product at first may seem to clear up acne but in the long run turns into something really bad. A medicine i would check into is Capsiderm from the post i've read the product seems promising i order a free sample two weeks ago it should be coming shortly. Also you may want to try the digestive system cleanse for all the product for the cleanse is like $30 bucks for 3 months supply which isn't bad at all i've been on it for a week and a half and my acne seems to be fading away EV says it takes about 2 months to see at least a 90% clearness in your face i just can't wait for the months to come bye. well anyways i hope this long post was helpful.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #14
(male)

california1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_mac3
That is ridiculously expensive They act like accutane is a miracle medicine that cures acne but in reality from the post i've heard people are just wasting their money on a product at first may seem to clear up acne but in the long run turns into something really bad. A medicine i would check into is Capsiderm from the post i've read the product seems promising i order a free sample two weeks ago it should be coming shortly. Also you may want to try the digestive system cleanse for all the product for the cleanse is like $30 bucks for 3 months supply which isn't bad at all i've been on it for a week and a half and my acne seems to be fading away EV says it takes about 2 months to see at least a 90% clearness in your face i just can't wait for the months to come bye. well anyways i hope this long post was helpful.
obviously you havent read ANY of the threads about how accutane succeeded where so many other defenses failed?? sure it is not for everyone but the + results are there for the majority of people use it. consider yourself lucky that the products you use work.

Old 09-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #15
(male)

j_mac3 HB User

Why is accutane so expensive?

Last edited by j_mac3; 09-11-2005 at 07:51 AM.

Closed Thread