It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 10:41 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

emmegirl85 HB User
Made it worse by far...help

I just need to vent for a moment. So I'm on the nuvaring and it's partly for my acne issue. So far my back has mostly cleared up, my chest has completely, and my forehead and nose are perfect. However, I'm totally breaking out on my cheeks and chin. My chin looks like a warzone. I felt a zit coming through 3 days ago and had this stupid idea to put Tendskin(razor burn and bump reducer) on my zit before it got any bigger. Well I totally dried out half my chin and now it's peeling and looks horrible and there's still the zit and 2 others to keep it company. Why oh why did I do that? I don't know what to do to make this dry spot heal faster? I've been putting jojoba oil on it bc it doesn't irritate but it's not going away. Any suggestions?

Old 09-06-2005, 04:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Made it worse by far...help

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmegirl85
I just need to vent for a moment. So I'm on the nuvaring and it's partly for my acne issue. So far my back has mostly cleared up, my chest has completely, and my forehead and nose are perfect. However, I'm totally breaking out on my cheeks and chin. My chin looks like a warzone. I felt a zit coming through 3 days ago and had this stupid idea to put Tendskin(razor burn and bump reducer) on my zit before it got any bigger. Well I totally dried out half my chin and now it's peeling and looks horrible and there's still the zit and 2 others to keep it company. Why oh why did I do that? I don't know what to do to make this dry spot heal faster? I've been putting jojoba oil on it bc it doesn't irritate but it's not going away. Any suggestions?

How long have you been using the Nuva Ring? It's normal for acne to get worse before it gets better when using Nuva Ring. It's recommended to give Nuva Ring at least 3 cycles before noticing an improvement in acne.

Last edited by GLSheridan; 09-06-2005 at 04:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
(female)

realsad HB User

is Nuva ring a birth control pill? i never heard of it....

Old 09-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

emmegirl85 HB User

I'm in the 2nd week of my second month on it. I know it's supposed to get worse but I'm tortured right now bc I know I helped it along. I put some Vitamin E on my dry zitty spot and some aloe vera on the rest of my face, both organic. My skin is very irritated and inflamed so I figured those 2 things would be the best. I've been home all day, too embarrassed to go outside.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsad
is Nuva ring a birth control pill? i never heard of it....
Nuva Ring is a form of hormonal birth control, but it isn't a pill. It's a flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina, and left there for 3 weeks.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:48 PM   #6
(male)

bomber HB User

Really?? Im very curious as to how this could help acne? (Im obviosuly not gonna be using this... just curious)

Old 09-06-2005, 11:43 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

emmegirl85 HB User

It works the same as a birth control pill. hormones are hormones. You are aware that birth control is used sometimes as an acne drug? This is the same deal. Just in a plastic ring. There's plenty of research on the internet of how birth control helps acne for a lot of women.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:35 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

emmegirl85 HB User

ohhh and then another zit right in the smack middle of my lower chin. I can feel it coming in. 4 new ones in one day. What is wrong with me?

Old 11-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
(female)

wotwot007 HB User

I am using Nuvaring at the moment and my acne is worse than its ever been. I have always had clear skin but didn't know Nuvaring would destroy my face. Did things ever get better for you? I am in the 1st week of the 3rd month and i am not sure if to quit or wait. Pls help!

Closed Thread