It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User
Anyone here 30+ with Acne?

Just curious - I'm in my late 30's (female) and have pretty bad acne. Acne, and starting to get little wrinkles.. oh, joy.

I took Minocyclin for the past 2+ years, and it helped quite a bit. But I wanted to stop taking a pill every day - and did so about 2 weeks ago.

Now I'm having a pretty bad, painful breakout. The dermatalogist gave me Evoclin topical foam. We will see how that works.

Anyway - just curious if we have any older folks here with acne.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User
Re: Anyone here 30+ with Acne?

I am over 30, and my acne seems to be getting worse. It consists of alot more cysts than I ever had. And yes now I am dealing with dumb wrinkles. But with the pain with acne and cysts, bring on the wrinkles anyday!

I am in an experimental stage right now. Trying things before I see my derm. and ask for accutane. Have read alot and learned alot on here. Actually compiling a list to ask my derm. about (which might work best or try before Accutane). I have never heard of Evoclin topical foam. Try it for a few weeks and see how it goes. Let us all know if it works or not (for you). If not, I would just suggest reading a few posts and start with one thing and do it for a few weeks (of course stop if a severe reaction). Then move onto the next. Sometimes though remember people experience an intial breakout period before an item or supplement starts to work. This is normal. Although if you continue to breakout longer, me myself would stop. Some give it more time....not me though.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 04:41 PM   #3
(female)

steph444 HB User

I am a 30 year old female who still suffers from acne. I've had acne since a teenager. I was on birth control pills for years and those worked the best. Now my new insurance company will not pay for them.

I have been using Clindamycin Pledgets for about a year and they are losing their effectiveness. I am not currently seeing a derm.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:26 PM   #4
(male)

Buddha HB User

my mom is like 36 and she has acne is very mild tho while mine is realli bad!!

Old 09-06-2005, 06:15 PM   #5
(female)

health15 HB User

Yes I am 38 years old. I had 5 or 6 blissful years of almost no acne from age 30-37. I thought I was finally rid of this mess, and then I had the worst breakout of my life at age 37! For the first time in my life, I would say I had moderate acne. This board actually helped me to find some acne treatments that have worked. Now I just have these red marks to get rid of and some small bumps. My Mom was still getting acne when she was in her late 40ies. Not a good sign for me!

Old 09-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. Guess I'm glad to know that I'm not alone, although I'm sorry that you guys are also suffering from adult acne (or your mom, as one reply stated).

I am going to stick with the Evoclin for a few weeks & see how it works. I've heard that it's VERY expensive, so I am hoping it does help.

I may also go back on BC Pills. My acne got 100 times worse after I went off of them when I was 35 (I was a smoker & had to get off the pill - but I've quit smoking

Thanks again!

Old 09-07-2005, 06:25 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

I was better while on birth control also. Unfortunately I am now off birth control, because I had my tubes tied. I also just quit smoking, congrats by the way....that is so flippin tough. So yes, now what, can't really go back on birth control - waiting to see a derm. In the meantime I am trying a few things I learned on here. But patience and waiting to see if something works is not one of my strong points.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:15 AM   #8
(female)

aprilin28 HB User

I am 33, and never had bad acne as a teen...at 26 started having cysts. I have managed to clear all that up through colon/liver cleansing.

By the time we are 30, all that internal gunk that has collected in our bowels has really started to stack up. I believe that's why we go from blk\wht heads to cysts; plus our hormones have fully leveled out.

No derm. is going to suggest this. They make money off of medicine. And no topical treatment is going to fix it permanently. Just my thoughts.....

Old 09-14-2005, 07:25 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User

Wow, a colon cleanse really helped huh? that is very interesting!! Is it painful???

Old 09-14-2005, 08:49 AM   #10
(female)

DoUfeelikeido HB User

41 and still have it

Old 09-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #11
(male)

vielabob HB User

I'm about to turn 24 and have had acne since I was 14. I imagine I will have it when I'm 30 since it shows no signs of slowing down

Old 09-14-2005, 01:47 PM   #12
(female)

Angela1416 HB User

I am 31 and started getting mild acne in my early 20's. A little over a year ago I started getting severe cystic acne, it was so bad that it hurt to touch my face. After suffering for about a year, trying 5 or 6 different antibiotics, using prescription and over the counter creams and lotions & trying to eliminate certain things from my diet, I discovered that Splenda was causing my severe cystic acne. Within one week of not using Splenda (which is sucralose) my face was clearing up. A few weeks ago, I started getting cysts again. I checked the ingredients for everything that I was eating and drinking and of course, I found sucralose in a diet shake that I was drinking. My cysts are starting to go away now but my face is full of scars and looks horrible. I'm sure that I will always have problems with acne, but the cysts were caused by sucralose.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:19 PM   #13
(female)

civicgirl HB User

Hi, I'm 32 and have had acne since the age of 15. I have recently found out that i'm insulin resistant and started metformin. This has regulated my blood sugar and seems to have also improved my periods and my acne along with cutting out most sugar and cutting down on carbs. I still have a little acne but it is 95% better than before. I am also using Neostrata products on my face (which contains glycolic acid).

Old 09-14-2005, 06:24 PM   #14
(female)

desireegx HB User

I'm 35 and still have occasional breakouts, no bad acne now. I have had acne since 17.

Closed Thread