It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 01:37 AM   #1
(male)

tata77 HB User
Cure For Oily Skin???

hey everyone..i've had oily skin for i dunno how many years now and i know it is a major contributor to my acne condition..it used to only be my forehead that had a lot of oil and that was where i first started to have acne..but as I aged, my nose and cheeks began getting more oily..and what do you know..i began having cases of acne at those places too..the only place on my face that isnt oily is my chin, which to no surprise is usually the clearest spot on my face..i RARELY get any acne there but if i do, it goes away so much faster b/c oil isnt clogging the pimple up..so I am so desperate to know what I can do to reduce my oil level..i know it has to be some kind of hormonal balance of some sort. I know that topical stuff is not going to help the problem b/c it just washes away the current oil on my face but doesnt prevent it from being produced..i've read a lot on this forum and i know there are ways to internally clean your body..is there any way to finally help my body balance itself?..i know ppl use accutane to help reduce oil production but i honestly do not want to resort to that. i just know that once my skin stops being so oily..i can be sure that my acne problem will finally have a chance to come to an end..so if anyone out there really has an answer..then plz do share..for all of us who have oily skin that causes our acne.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:44 AM   #2
(male)

soupyhead HB User
Re: Cure For Oily Skin???

eat less carbs.. trust me. Read some of the big posts going around lately about this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 AM   #3
(male)

tata77 HB User

hmmm..i've read some threads too about eating less carbs..there is one where you're supposed to exercise according to the amount of carbs you eat..but am i supposed to eliminate my carbs intake in order to have smooth unoily skin that all the lucky ppl in this world have? i know there is no quick fix..but i'm just wondering if an oily skinned person can ever become a nonoily skinned person.

Old 09-08-2005, 04:32 AM   #4
(male)

littledaga HB User

tata77 I had really oily skin about 1 year ago and since then I have cut down on my processed food intake and in the last month been doing the digestive cleansing and my forehead which used to be really oily isn't anymore. Carbs definently contribute to oily skin.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:30 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledaga
tata77 I had really oily skin about 1 year ago and since then I have cut down on my processed food intake and in the last month been doing the digestive cleansing and my forehead which used to be really oily isn't anymore. Carbs definently contribute to oily skin.
Gosh darnit. That means I will be oily forever. I may die if I cut out my carbs. I tried that Atkins thing years ago and made it 2 days and then went nuts on the carbs. So anyhow, I will have to try to figure something out. Hmmmm.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:30 AM   #6
(male)

tata77 HB User

hmm..no carbs eh..i will give it a go for awhile and see if my oil level changes..my family eats a lot of rice so maybe that contributes to my oilyness? oh and I'm a tad embarassed but could anyone give me a nice list of all the carbs that exist today so I know what to watch out for? I forget what food belongs to what now haha..(did you know a tomato is a fruit!)..haha okay me = dork.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #7
(male)

tata77 HB User

Oh yeah..to lildaga..yeh i rarely eat processed foods too and I've also been doing the digestive cleanse by Erimus..(i actually just replied to you in that thread too haha)..but yeah maybe the combo of less carbs and the cleanse will give me a difference in oilyness. I'll hafta keep my fingers crossed.

Old 09-08-2005, 03:32 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi, tata77! As littledaga says, eating less carbohydrate tends to reduce sebum production. This is because an increase in sugar in the bloodstream raises insulin production which, in turn, promotes oil production. However, it doesn't have to be too difficult to alleviate the problem. The carbohydrates you need to cut down on are the simple, refined ones. You can afford to eat the slow-burning, complex ones.

Refined carbohydrates are identified by their white or generally lighter appearance than complex carbohydrates e.g. brown (wholemeal) bread is less likely to promote sebum production that white bread, and (pound for pound) brown rice causes less of a sugar spike than white rice.

What I found, as you've been reading, is that by cleansing my digestive system, I have become less sensitive to the surge in insulin production brought about by sugar intake. I hope you experience the same thing. In the mean time, however, it will certainly help you to reign in your consumption of refined carbohydrates. Good luck

EV

Closed Thread