It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 05:02 AM   #1
(female)

realsad HB User
new breakouts on accutane

i am nearing the end of month 2 on accutane, i haven't had an initial breakout, but i am still breaking out. they are much smaller than before, but still there, and i am an impatient person, about what point do people stop breaking out, i am still getting about 1 or 2 new spots a day. i know every one is different, was just wondering how it's been for other people who have taken accutane....? thanks

Old 09-07-2005, 05:09 AM   #2
(male)

Detroit82 HB User
Re: new breakouts on accutane

I was just like you when I was on accutane. I wanted results and fast. I never had any real bad initial breakout. Just a couple from time to time. The less you think about how much time is left the better. Before you know it, you will have clear skin! Accutane was the best thing that I have ever done. It has been a year now and I couldn't be happier. Good luck to you, and like I said before, try not to think about how much time is left, results will come.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2005, 08:25 PM   #3
(male)

almostclear7 HB User

how much time does it take on average would you say for your skin to look better/clearer?

Did your dermatologist ever tell you anything like what to expect and what not to expect etc?

Old 09-08-2005, 06:20 AM   #4
(female)

realsad HB User

my derm. didn't tell me anything......

Old 09-08-2005, 03:13 PM   #5
(male)

jaffers HB User

The first course I took was 60 mg/day (I weighed about 190 lbs at the the time). It took me until near the end of the third month to really start clearing up. By the end of the fourth month I was completely clear. And about a year later I started breaking out very midly again.

I started a second course 20 days ago at 40 mg/day. Very different circumstances this time around so it will be interesting to see out it works (I was almost completely clear when I started it . . . don't ask).

Old 09-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #6
(female)

realsad HB User

i now have a nice big cyst on my chin. it doesn't hurt as they used to, but its still annoying, i just want to stop breaking out, my skin doesn't really look very nice, the texture is hard to explain, maybe its scars from breaking out so much, its kinda an orange peel kinda texture...is it going to stay like this forever? anyone know? i know i am being impatient, its just hard cuz i am so sick of this. there are some spots on my face, look like clogged pores that just stay there and don't change, some red marks that have not lightened at all in weeks....ugh...../finish rant.........

Old 09-09-2005, 07:13 PM   #7
(female)

SweetAmy87 HB User

Im almost done with my 3rd month, blackheads are gone and chest and back are almost completely clear but my afce is completely teh same. Weird thing is is im on 60 mg a day and im still not dry, just my lips a little. I hope i clear completely soon

Old 09-10-2005, 03:17 AM   #8
(female)

realsad HB User

OH NO! I PICKED at the spot on my chin and it wasn't as near the surface as i thought it was. i didn't get anything out, and now my chin has a HUGE bloody spot on it. why do i have to be so stupid. i am so depressed now.
sweetamy- i am not very dry either and i am on the same mgs as you (60) hopefully we will both be all clear very soon. no more breakin out i hope, take care

Old 09-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

By any chance did you guys (sweetamy and realsad) have oily skin before you began accutane? I ask because I have extremely oily skin and will be going on accutane shortly. Just wondering or hoping maybe you have oily skin and that is maybe why your skin or face isn't drying out too much (other than lips).

Good luck guys.

Last edited by Kelly03; 09-11-2005 at 06:05 AM.

Closed Thread