It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Do family doctors know acne?

I can't wait for my next dermatologist appointment. 6-month waits in my city. Considering going to my family doctor to get a prescription. Do most family doctors have enough knowledge of acne to prescribe something useful?

Old 09-07-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User
Re: Do family doctors know acne?

I would make the appt. with your derm. And in the mean time go to your family doctor and explain everything you've tried. Maybe the family doctor can start you on something. If it fails, try another. But then in the mean time as time goes by and nothing works, it will be closer to your derm. appt. Hey maybe you will get lucky and the family doctor will find something that works. So it's either wait 6 months or try out the family doctor. You don't have much to lose. You'll either have acne for 6 more months no matter what or maybe come across something. Again, doesn't hurt to try. But I would make the appt. with the derm. also, you can always cancel that appt. later if you find a cure from your doctor.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
(female)

realsad HB User

my famliy doctor was pretty good, well i mean, she prescribed me almost anything under the sun except accutane. but unfortunately some of the stuff made things worse and i wished i wouldn't have tried them, but the derm. would have done the same thing, they pretty much drag you through ALL the possibilities before going to accutane.......i would go to you fam. doc. in the meantime, they can be helpful with acne good luck

Old 09-08-2005, 04:19 AM   #4
(male)

littledaga HB User

if you find a cure from your doctor. <--- this statement from Kelly03 made me laugh till I cried, now chance of this happening, I havn't tried accutane, but I have tried all the other antibiotics, all they do is work at the beginning and once you become immune, they dont do anything but kill all the natural bacteria in your stomach. My acne became much more than a couple of pimples on my back after I took antibiotics, I will never go to a doctor or dermatologist, maybe the doctor if its life threatening. Dermatologists see that many people a day that they just want to get the next patient in as fast as possible and palm you off with anything you havn't tried before, 6 months to see someone who is basically just gunna take your money and make it worse rather than better. Dont waste your time, put that time and money into something that will naturally work. Read Cleansing the Digestive system, at least you wont loose your hair :-)

Old 09-08-2005, 06:59 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledaga
if you find a cure from your doctor. <--- this statement from Kelly03 made me laugh till I cried:-)
Ok "littledaga" I'm glad I made you laugh (butthead - just kidding). Laughter can be good. It helps with stress releasing thingys which in turn can cause acne too. See I gave you one less pimple. I know you like my technical terms too.

EDIT: woops maybe I'm over stepping my bounds. I don't know you or your sense of humor, so I hope I didn't upset you.

Last edited by Kelly03; 09-08-2005 at 07:03 AM.

Closed Thread