It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User
Liver Cleansing??

Has anyone had any luck with a liver cleanse? If so, how? I mean, can a person purchase a liver cleanse system at GNC or something? I believe mine is more linked to my liver than my intestines. In regards to my symptoms. Guess it shouldn't hurt to try it. Or will it? I can't possibly think it could get worse. Well if doing the liver cleanse and toxins start coming out, then yea I suppose, but hey I just wan't them all out now. Why not all at the same time.

Any suggestions? I really want to try the liver cleanse also. Have done the colon/intestinal. After liver cleansing and no luck, then to my derm. As I have done almost everything else mentioned here.

Comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Anyone had any luck with this? And will a liver cleanse system from a regular store like GNC work? Or maybe what ingredients should I look for.

Thanks guys.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
(male)

Rawraws HB User
Re: Liver Cleansing??

I've been curious about liver cleansing as well. Supposedly Tyler Detoxification Factors work well. It's what a lot of body builders use to cleanse their liver after they go off of their steroid cycle. I just recieved some in the mail yesterday so I will let you know how it goes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

This is what I ordered and am going to try (ingrediants) - FYI it's herbal and in a pill form 3 a day for ? days:
Red beet root
Dandelion root
Parsley herb
Horsetail herb
Yellow dock root
Black cohosh root
Birch leaves
Blessed thistle herb
Angelica root
Chamomile flowers
Gentian root
Goldenrod herb

This is another, many others, that I seen on the other health board:

First off, the "generic: fush is Hulda Clark's method which is easy to find.

Changes include 16 ounces of apple juice a day for a week: unfiltered is best, by the gallon is cheapest and a gallon will get you through the week. THe apple juice softens the stones and is part of an ancient method.

Day of the "event" eat nothing after breakfast and make that breakfast VERY low fat (in fact the dinner the day before should be low fat also), and during the day make these 2 mixtures and fridge them:
1. Mix 1/2 cup of olive oil (or canola) and 3/4 cup of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (2 medium grapefruit) You could use 1/2 cup lemon instead but it's AWFULLY tart
2. 4 Tbsp epsom salts mixed into 3 cups of water...this makes 3 one-cup servings. (She uses 4 servings but 3 is better)
Two hours before bedtime drink 1 cup of the epsom salts...YECCH, yes it's AWFUL.
At bedtime mix and drink the oil/grapefruit mix...it's quite tasty. Surprise.

Go to bed immediately, try to lie still on your back and don;t get out of bed til morning if humanly possible.. Wake up at perhaps 5 or 6AM and take another dose of epsom salts. Lie down again. This should get you going but in any case take a third dose 2 hours later (7 or 8 AM.)

Have a nice breakfast after you're completely done in the bathroom.
If curious as to results, use a collander or a strainer to scoop the stones out. They float and they are green. Spread them out on white paper after you rinse them.

Clark's method involves epsom salts at 6 PM and 8 PM...this is silly because you risk big problems while sleeping...mattresses are expensive

Read the Hulda Clark method but DO make the few changes I recommend, that timing issue is really important as is the apple juice

So I'm not sure if the above is for total cleansing or for removing stones? Anyone know?

Old 09-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #4
(male)

Diggler HB User

You could try the liver flush - its amazing what comes out of you. But please, before you do this - research it fully so you know what you are doing.

And for a week before the lfush take stones dissolvers - 500mg Malic Acid 3x perday (before meals), Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic Pure Apple Juice (about 500ml to 1L per day), and eat apples.

Good liver cleansing products include:

- Planetary Formulas Bupleurum Liver Cleanse

- Dr. Cabots Livatone Plus

- Liv. 52

Last edited by Diggler; 09-07-2005 at 03:46 PM.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:12 PM   #5
(female)

health15 HB User

I have been taking an herbal suppliment called Milk Thistle Phytosome for about a month now. It also has dandelion and articoke flower in it. (200 mg of milk thistle). My acne is getting better, but My eczema on the otherhand is worse. The improvement in my acne could just be from all the other stuff I am taking. Not sure.
I would also be interested in a more serious liver cleanse as well. My Chiropractor recommended a book called Healthy Healing, by Linda Page. I just got back from vacation, and was thinking about getting it. Those who are doing the liver cleanse, where did you get the information on what to take and what to do? thanks

Old 09-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #6
(female)

health15 HB User

I just read Kelly03 and Diggler's post again. What in the world are these stones your are writing about?

Old 09-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #7
(male)

Rawraws HB User

Stones are a myth just like mucoid plaque from colon cleansing. I urge you all to look further into this and to be skeptical of these bogus detox and cleansing programs out there. Here is an important excerpt from a website:

"People who have gallstones, or think they have gallstones, are invited to "flush" them out by swallowing a concoction of 1/2 cup of olive oil, a big grapefruit, 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts, and three cups of water."

It was a nice idea, and interesting things will appear in the toilet bowl soon after. But I'm afraid that they're not your gallstones. Here's why:

Real gallstones are faceted polyhedra, like the ones in the picture on the links below, or else shaped like mulberries. What you'll get from the recipe are spheres. One of my correspondents describes a friend who saves the spheres and displayed them to his friends.

Real gallstones hurt bad when they pass through the cystic and common bile ducts.

Real gallstones sink in water. (As an autopsy pathologist, I'm very familiar with this.) The "gallstones" you'll produce from this recipe will float, as the "alternative thinkers" themselves point out. (They claim that real gallstones float, too. Liars.)

If you know a little basic chemistry, you'll realize what is happening. The Epsom salts are magnesium sulfate, and the grapefruit contains some complex carbohydrates. When these slosh around in the stomach and small intestine, they'll form a tough film which will encase drops of olive oil. This will produce some yellowish balls which will float in the toilet.

Hulda Regehr Clark, the author of "The Cure for all Cancers" and "The Cure For HIV/AIDS" promotes this. Since she claims to have both a doctorate in naturopathy and a Ph.D. in something (the latter implying having done substantial original lab research), one would think she would have made an experiment with a real gallstone and discovered that it sinks. There's a nice photo which she took from my friend, pathologist Ed Klatt. She calls them "such small stones" though they're obviously 7-10 mm across. She thinks the stones she displayed formed in the liver and "rolled" into the gallbladder, which is silly. She says gallstones "can be of any color" which is a hoot. She also claims that the major cause of gallstones is wearing shoes.

If you want to believe these people, that is your business. If you try the purge, please chew your grapefruit up thoroughly. Otherwise, you're asking for a gastic bezoar and a trip to the endoscopist to remove the obstruction.

Old 09-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

Rawraws,
Interesting. Makes sense though. I will research more before I go ahead with it.
Thanks

Old 09-07-2005, 08:51 PM   #9
(female)

Erica in IL HB User

For a gentle cleanse, Renew Life has a few kits to try for about $30 for a one month supply. The Cleanse Smart is a general digestive system cleanser for "the lungs, liver, blood, colon, skin, kidneys, and lymphatic system." (From their website.) Either one or two pills in the morning and one or two pills in the evening, both on an empty stomach. When I took it, there was no sudden change in digestion.

They also have a Liver Dextox kit, but I would not recommend this until the Cleanse Smart has been done for at least a month. It's better to get the digestive system up and running before trying to clean the liver into poorly functioning bowels and creating more problems.

I have found the Renew Life kits at the larger health food stores like Whole Foods and Wild Oats. I have not been in GNC recently enough to know if they carry it.

Last edited by Erica in IL; 09-07-2005 at 08:55 PM.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:55 AM   #10
(male)

Diggler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawraws
"People who have gallstones, or think they have gallstones, are invited to "flush" them out by swallowing a concoction of 1/2 cup of olive oil, a big grapefruit, 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts, and three cups of water."
They are not gallstones. They are bile/cholesterol (i.e. why they appear pea green) - which eventually form into gallstones once calcified.

Quote:

Real gallstones are faceted polyhedra, like the ones in the picture on the links below, or else shaped like mulberries. What you'll get from the recipe are spheres. One of my correspondents describes a friend who saves the spheres and displayed them to his friends.
They are not spheres - they are various shapes - very infrequently are they spherical.

Quote:

If you know a little basic chemistry, you'll realize what is happening. The Epsom salts are magnesium sulfate, and the grapefruit contains some complex carbohydrates. When these slosh around in the stomach and small intestine, they'll form a tough film which will encase drops of olive oil. This will produce some yellowish balls which will float in the toilet.
The 'stones' are pea-green not yellow - the same colour as bile.

Quote:
If you want to believe these people, that is your business. If you try the purge, please chew your grapefruit up thoroughly. Otherwise, you're asking for a gastic bezoar and a trip to the endoscopist to remove the obstruction.
Do not chew the grapefruit - you drink the juice only. You're mis-informed here.

I also use lemon juice - not grapefruit juice.

Although, just because you have read good stories about liver flushing - things can go wrong also - please, please do tons of research first and be 110% sure you know what you are doing. It can be dangerous and painful if done incorrectly.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:10 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggler
Although, just because you have read good stories about liver flushing - things can go wrong also - please, please do tons of research first and be 110% sure you know what you are doing. It can be dangerous and painful if done incorrectly.
I agree. The other health discussion (about livers), which are people with liver problems, is where I got some of this info. They stress if you have a weak or any liver problems to NOT do this or even dandelion can be dangerous if you have a bad liver. They also say if your liver is fine, it shouldn't hurt (dandelion or the cleanse). But again, how do we know our liver is fine? Have we drank too much alcohol or taken too much pain killers and or anything that may have weakened our liver in the past? We don't know how much is too much for our individual bodies.

Anyhow, yes, we must be cautious and if decide to go ahead with it, pay close attention to how our bodies react.

Still undecided if I want to do this or not. Knowing me, I will though, but still not sure.

Here's a question. What if I decide NOT to do the cleanse. What supplement would help to just keep the liver healthy or function properly? Is it dandelion? Anyone?

Old 09-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #12
(male)

Diggler HB User

You can take a Milk Thistle Complex.

I use a tincture (from the UK) that contains Milk Thistle, Dandelion, and Artichoke.

These are 3 of the main herbs associated with liver support.

Last edited by Diggler; 09-08-2005 at 07:24 AM.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:04 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

Just so everyone here knows.....I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS, I am only wondering and questioning it. Trying to get more information. Sure I may end up doing it. But please don't anyone go try it, thinking that I am recommending it. I think I need some more research into it. That's kinda why I created this thread, to see others views.

Old 09-08-2005, 01:17 PM   #14
(male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

I'm trying dr natura, supposedly works wonders. It can help clear up your acne which would be good for my back acne, and praying it takes away my dermatitis.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:42 AM   #15
(female)

lainosuta HB User

I'm trying my first liver/gall bladder flush as I unusually have this weekend off. I mixed 4 tbsps of epsom salts with 3 cups of grapefruit juice. Since I know Kelly03 is really interested in it, I hope to post if I have any results. I plugged my nose because of the horror stories of bad taste, but I honestly only taste the grapefruit. If all else fails, this'll just be a really fast flush of my digestive system. If I actually pass stones, the great mystery of why my body battles me daily on alot of issues might be solved. I didn't do any fasting before hand, such as organic apple juice fasts or whatever.

Closed Thread