It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
(female)

maya90 HB User
I just picked! erhhhh

I just started using Tazorac Cream for acne. Unfortunately I am in the worst stage of it so it seems to me. I had a triple whitehead, I lanced it and squeezed. It now looks really red and raw. I know it wrong but I try to be as clean as possible. I cant really do my job (Sales)with a growth like that on my face. Any advice on what should I use to avoid infection or worst a scar ? Is doing this as bad as people say? It seems that its those with clear skin are who always tell me to just leave it alone.

PS: It looked ripe I never pick underground ones

Thanks, Maya

Old 09-08-2005, 07:39 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User
Re: I just picked! erhhhh

You lanced it with what? Boy I really understand though, I too have almost resorted to lancing, but wimped out. If I wasn't so squeemish, I probably would have done it many times. Although, I know doctors sometimes do it, other than that, be careful!

Try neosporin. That is suppose to help with healing and scarring. A zinc supplement may also up the process of healing. Maybe try some Vitamin C also (topical or internal). Just not too much, I know I can't use too much or I get cold sores. Great huh, your face will look good but your lip will stick out and knock people over. Oh and if you have any white or green tea drink it AND take the tea bag and dab it over the zit, it is actually pretty calming (and has antioxidants). I heard others also will use ice to down the swelling, heard that works too.

Those are my suggestions. Nothing that will fix it RIGHT NOW, but some may help it move along faster.

Last edited by Kelly03; 09-08-2005 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Tried to fix my soooo many typos....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2005, 03:22 AM   #3
(female)

realsad HB User

hi i am in the same position you are now. i do this too much and i get so mad at myself.......i usually put neosporin on it, i guess it helps a little for me....anyone else got better ideas?

Old 09-10-2005, 01:31 PM   #4
(male)

xKiNGPiNx HB User

pour hot water in a cup, add some salt, stir with a teaspoon. Use a cotton wool ball and dab the salt on your pimple/s

Old 09-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #5
(female)

nikojulie HB User

I would clean it with alcohol and then I would put a little neopsorin on it. I'm pretty basic and I have gross cystic acne on my chin at times. What is lancing ???

Old 09-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikojulie
What is lancing ???
Lancing is a very sharp, razor like knife you can buy at pharmacies. For cutting skin, usually.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
(female)

maya90 HB User

I used what is called a Lancet. You find them in Pharmacies. They are tiny ultra-fine sterile needles for one-use only. They are primiarily used by diabetics for their device to check their blood. I find that if you are going to pick you might as well use a sterile object than you nail also when you create an tiny opening your not ripping the skin. I try very hard not to make this habit cause you can easily get carried away. Please never ever pick or lance a "underground pimple " cause all you will do is make a big all mess!

Closed Thread