It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
(male)

tata77 HB User
Embarassed hahaha

hey everyone I know this is reeally dumb buut..I just wanna clarify for myself about the types of acne there are...

Whiteheads: the one with pus at the top (easily popped altho you shouldnt)
Cysts: The big round red ones that hurt like a mother and you try to pop it but fail

And blackheads? I'm stiiill kinda iffy on what exactly a blackhead looks like. I kinda have a good idea cuz I probly have some haha but yeah anyone have a good description of what it looks like? Thanks

(Plz don't say head that is black )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User
Re: Embarassed hahaha

Blackheads: Not technical but....pores that get plugged with stuff (oil, skin cells, dirt, debris) and you can see they are plugged. Not all are black heads, mine are grayish heads. Like on your nose - I think thats a common place. Like with me I can (this is gross) squeeze an area of black heads and a whole bunch pop out of all different pores, and then I can literally see the pores are clear - I have stupid large pores, helps alot with acne, I think it says "come on dirt jump on in, plenty of room". Oh, maybe this: Have you ever done Biore Strips? The stuff that comes out on them - I know ouch they hurt.

I hope I'm right, cuz that's what I thought they were.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 06:16 PM   #3
(female)

omalll HB User
Re: Embarassed hahaha

yeah i think blackheads are the ones that arent closed up, you can see the oil in the pore, and its easily removed but it leaves the pore empty so it might look like a little hole, but i dont think cleaning it out/popping will cause scarring, unlike the cyst ones.. these are mostly on my nose too.

Closed Thread