It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
(female)

DoUfeelikeido HB User
Unhappy 41 and still have zits

Well, 4 accutane treatments all the antibiotics since I was 21 yet I've had a huge breakout this week. I drive a truck on a constuction site and while I'm not sure but the dust may be clogging my pores. I cannot believe I still have to go through this. I even diet(starve myself at times to cut down on oil) but it didn't help this time.

Old 09-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Re: 41 and still have zits

I am sorry to hear that. I am 35 and still battle it. The sun may make it worse also. Some say it helps there acne but mine gets really bad if I am in the sun too much. I did one course of accutane when I was a teenager. I wasn't too bad until I was about 25 then it got worse again. Do you drink lots of water? Being outside all day probably causes some dehydration also and I suppose you can't be running to the bathroom all of the time by drinking tons of water but lots of water can help. Try having lots of it when you get home from work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 03:44 PM   #3
(female)

DoUfeelikeido HB User

THANKS Kari. I try and drink lots of water but maybe I can do better

Old 09-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #4
(male)

spiro9210 HB User

You should have already passed through the toughest part of your acne years. At your age for a male, if you are still getting zits, it is mostly due to the fact that your system is under a lot of stress. I am 25, I have already passed the toughest times, but I am left with acne on my chest and back. I don't even remember the last time I had noticeable zits on my face; it's been a while. It is due to the fact that I drink alot of water. If you cannot cut down on your stress, you need to drink alot of water in the morning without breakfast and more during lunch at noon. Moreover, you need to add more water as you urinate thoughout the day. As a truck driver, you must sweat alot; this is a perfect scenerio for an acne patient; you don't necessarily need additional excercise. :-) Just drink alot of water (2 1/2 liters a day if possible), and let your body do the sweating. Just remember to take frequent showers whenever possible.

Last edited by spiro9210; 09-09-2005 at 08:13 PM.

Old 09-10-2005, 01:38 AM   #5
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Hi buddy,
Theres no reason to starve yourself, it causes stress to your body as the previous posters have said.

You should eat right and exercise, feel free to browse my other thread.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:18 AM   #6
(female)

DoUfeelikeido HB User

Thank you friends. Your help means a lot to me right now. Yes, I drive a truck at construction sites but I doubt fall into a "typical trucker profile". Since I started getting acne at age 16 I take 2 to 3 showers per day. I'm very big on hygene. At 41 I thought this stuff was over with but I do have a lot of stress in my life with 2 little girls, a wife, my job, and job training

Old 09-10-2005, 11:05 AM   #7

Crucible HB User

Well, can't taking too many showers or washing your face too much cause acne? I found the only way to really reduce acne was no stress.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:28 AM   #8
(female)

DoUfeelikeido HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucible
Well, can't taking too many showers or washing your face too much cause acne? I found the only way to really reduce acne was no stress.
Yes, I would agree that reducing stress is the best way to kick acne but sometimes thats hard to do in today's world

Old 09-10-2005, 12:20 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User

no way is stress the main cause of acne...it may be a factor, but you cant say that all you have to do is reduce stress and your acne will disappear...i lead the lowest stress life of anyone i know and that doesnt seem to be helping!

Old 09-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

I agree with smartpants, for the first three months of this summer I had no job, no classes, no NOTHING to do but sit on my butt all day, hang out by the pool, or go shopping just to pass the time. I had ZERO stress, and I was still breaking out like mad! I mean, I am sure stress plays a factor, but I don't believe it is the main cause...for some people maybe, but not for me!

Old 09-10-2005, 01:35 PM   #11
(female)

DoUfeelikeido HB User

OK, this is what I've noticed about stress and acne and feel free to jump in. When I first got a severe case of acne when I was 16 it was not stress related therefore one couldn't say that my original root acne was stress but more likely hormonal changes which in turn caused skin changes (increased sebum), however what I have noticed since those many years ago is my acne comes back when I'm going 24/7 without free time which in turn causes me stress and it's automatic my acne will return. I then cut down on stress and it will usually leave but I miss my goals in life because I let things go due to my acne and it's very hard for other people that don't have to experience this disease to understand.

Old 09-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

I have to agree that stress makes my face way worse. The times when my face was the worst in my life was when I had a very stressful job. Quit the job my face cleared up. Then I got a different job a couple years later that was very stressful and my face got really bad again. I quit that job and got one that was a lot less stressful and my face has been much better again. It's not the cause of acne but if someone is prone to acne it can make it worse. I am sure it depends on the person. My husband gets a cold sore on his mouth when he's under a lot of stress. Stress is hard on the body and people manifest it differently.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:32 AM   #13
(female)

DoUfeelikeido HB User

That'a what I mean. We walk away from a challenge because of our skin which I hate to do but if it clears my face then it's more important to me. I do know that it's really hard for other people to understand why I make the choices I do.

Closed Thread