It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 12:45 AM   #1
(male)

beatboxkid HB User
why does washing help befroe you use.....

this question may seem daft but......

why are cleansers and topical solutions meant to work so much better if you wash with soap and water before using them?

is it that they will work deeper in the skin if you wash first? because in my experience this washing twice a day lark isnt all its cracked up to be....

i mean some people think all you gotta do is wash twice a day and hey presto!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 04:28 AM   #2
(female)

realsad HB User
Re: why does washing help befroe you use.....

i think over washing is bad, 2 times a day at the most and use a gentle cleanser. if you over-dry you skin, it will produce even more oil.....not the result most people are looking for...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 08:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

The reason you are supposed to wash before topicals is because it opens the pores and allows the medication to penetrate your skin better. But do not wash with a harsh cleanser and use topicals because that is what will cause the overdrying. I use Dove soap for sensitive skin and then my topicals. Also, you must moisturize it does not make the oil worse it helps your skin restore moisture and then it will pump out less oil!

Old 09-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl2005_21
The reason you are supposed to wash before topicals is because it opens the pores and allows the medication to penetrate your skin better. But do not wash with a harsh cleanser and use topicals because that is what will cause the overdrying. I use Dove soap for sensitive skin and then my topicals. Also, you must moisturize it does not make the oil worse it helps your skin restore moisture and then it will pump out less oil!
Hey i just want to thankyou for suggesting Dove soap for sensitive skin as it's the best cleanser i have used in 10years, i have tried everything and each product has eventually over dried my skin and made it more greasy in the long run even sensitive skin products.
I have used this soap now for 10 days and i love it, my skin doesn't feel tight afterwards although it feels clean and moisturized and i it hasn't broken me out yipe.
I have even stopped using B.P and i have noticed that my spots seem to heal up in a few days now rather than a week or so.
I hope that this dove continues to work because it's a big relief to finally find something that's good for my skin after 10 years.

Closed Thread