It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

BHB85 HB User
pimples on my butt

i'm not so sure if this is the correct thread, but thought i would give it a shot.

i do not have bad acne on my face, back or any part of my body at all. i have one very embarassing problem though, i seem to break out on my butt quite often. i know that it happens from sweating and whatnot but i am seriously noticing pimples on my butt all the time even if i have not been sweating/hot. i putt lotion on it at night before i go to sleep/get out of the shower to try and help this issue. does anyone have some kind of miracle methods or cleanser to help minimize/make this go away? any help is appreciated--this is kind of embarassing.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2005, 09:25 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User
Re: pimples on my butt

If you are going to use lotion, make sure you are using a product that is fragrance free and non-comegenetic (or however you spell that word). There are over the counter products like Neutrogena sells something as a body wash. It's treatment for body acne you use in the shower as a cleanser (try to resist scrubbing, some scrub and think they can scrub it away or something which irratates it worse). Maybe look for something like that. But just try one thing at a time and try to be patient to see if it's working. Some products can take up to 3 weeks to see if it's working. I say try one product at a time, because if you start to clear up, it will be hard to tell what exactly helped. Oh, also maybe make sure you are wearing cotton under garments, something that breathes.

Good luck.

Last edited by Kelly03; 09-10-2005 at 09:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 12:05 AM   #3
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Just one question,
How is this embarassing?

Its like having garbage hidden in your garage, who looks? where? see no evil hear no evil!

Old 09-12-2005, 01:04 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cuddledumplin HB User

I used to have that problem too. You can wash your butt with an anti-acne facial cleanser or an anti-acne body cleanser. You can also put acne treatments there. Maybe lay off the lotion for a few days (unless it's an anti-acne lotion or something) because if it's not noncomedogenic it can be really bad for acne.

Old 09-12-2005, 07:15 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

oh and HB25, about the embarassing aspect.....beleive me, most of us have either have it all, seen it all or heard it all (acne that is). we are all here for the same reason. none of us would laugh or think anything, only try to help. good luck, and hope some of our suggestions help, or maybe someone may know something more specific to your needs.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:10 PM   #6
(male)

spiro9210 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB85
i'm not so sure if this is the correct thread, but thought i would give it a shot.

i do not have bad acne on my face, back or any part of my body at all. i have one very embarassing problem though, i seem to break out on my butt quite often. i know that it happens from sweating and whatnot but i am seriously noticing pimples on my butt all the time even if i have not been sweating/hot. i putt lotion on it at night before i go to sleep/get out of the shower to try and help this issue. does anyone have some kind of miracle methods or cleanser to help minimize/make this go away? any help is appreciated--this is kind of embarassing.

thanks
It aint a big deal.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:23 PM   #7
(female)

BHB85 HB User

thanks for the responses everyone!! i'm not too embarassed but it does make me feel self conscious in terms of my sex life. someone mentioned an anti-ance facial cleanser, any suggestions on a brand?? i don't care how expensive lol i am willing to pay.

Old 09-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #8
(female)

Evey55 HB User

my daughter would KILL me if she knew I posted this, but I don't know what the big deal is...it's not like I'm sending in a picture of her butt!!!
Anyway, she had the same problem. She used a strong acne scrub every time she showered, then used the strongest strength of Stridex pads and then a 10% BP cream. Her problem cleared up completely. She still uses the all the products to keep the zits away, just now as often. She just used the cheapest acne scrub and cream she could find.

She treated this are much more aggressively than she EVER would her face, since she didn't care if the area got red or irritated. The skin there is much tougher than your face anyway. I think clean cotten underwear helps avoid sweaty conditions too.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:49 PM   #9
(female)

BHB85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey55
She used a strong acne scrub every time she showered, then used the strongest strength of Stridex pads and then a 10% BP cream. Her problem cleared up completely.
questions..

what acne scrub? (brand/type)
10% BP cream?? what is that? lol

thank you!!!!!

Old 09-13-2005, 09:28 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

My boyfriend has this problem too! You would never even know though because he has perfect skin on his face and has never had acne anywhere on his body but on his butt! I just look past it and think it's funny but he is really self conscious about it. I wish I could help him get rid of it though cause I know it bothers him so please post some advice!

Old 09-14-2005, 06:06 AM   #11
(female)

Evey55 HB User

I don't remember exactly what kind of acne scrub she used, but go to Wall Mart or a drug store, look in the acne products skin care section. You will see many selections of acne scrubs. Get the cheapest.

10% BP cream is 10% strength Benzoyl Peroxide...like Clearasil. There are many generic/store brands on the market....again...get the cheapest with 10% BP(the strongest available over the counter) brand.

This sounds funny, but might help. She applied the BP cream every morning after her shower and at night too..she always went to the gym in the late afternoon so took 2 showers a day. Use a thick layer of the cream. You have to let the BP cream dry on your butt or it will just wipe off on your underwear. She used to use her hair dryer to blow the cream dry faster !!! Also, BP cream will bleach out fabrics, so don't wear any good colorful underwear !!!

The skin on her butt peeled after using these products for awhile and underneath was nice clearer skin. So, she said.....I didn't inspect her butt !!! hahahahaha!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 09:40 AM   #12
(female)

BHB85 HB User

wow..i will definitely give this a try!! it's weird how i have really good skin on my face and rest of my body but this is just driving me crazy! thank you so much

Closed Thread