It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2005, 03:42 PM   #1

sienna228 HB User
Teenager with worsening acne....help

Hi,
I am a 16 year old male. I started suffereing from acne aroudn 4 years ago. In 7th grade I started getting a few pimples here and there. Nothing bad, but more than almost any kid had in our school. With every year it got slightly worse, usually a few more here and there. They were usually on my cheeks ( under my eyes) forehead and above lips. In the summer going to tenth grade was when my acne started to get worse faster. Before I'd get a few and they would go away and then I'd get a few more. Then I got new ones everyday and the old ones took more time to heal. ( this happened after I went on vacation with my friend, we shared a condo with 5 other people so I couldn't give my face all the care that I usually did because we only had one bathroom.) I would get a few cysts that would take 1-2 months to go away. It continued to get worse until now. I just started 11th grade...It moved from my cheeks ( under my eyes) to more of between my mouth and ears ( jawbone?) and under my nose...I get more cysts now and triple white heads and cysts with forming whiteheads but they take forever to form... what should I do? I tried differin gel, these blue pills with benza cream and differin and about every retail product out there...any help would be apreciated..thanks for your time

Old 09-10-2005, 04:15 PM   #2
(male)

california1 HB User
Re: Teenager with worsening acne....help

have you looked into accutane? talk to your derm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2005, 08:33 PM   #3

sienna228 HB User

yeah he wanted me to go on it..he said that it was the last step and was the only thing to do and should clear it right up ( it was a year ago) so i don't know about now...my mom didn't want me to go on it because she heard of hair loss, liver damage and so on...I don't know what else to do...

Old 09-11-2005, 06:04 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Kelly03 HB User

Those are possible side effects. Not everyone, or very few experience that. The only reason they say that is not to scare, but they are forced to warn people to save their butts from lawsuits. Also then if the patient know they have a weak liver, they then would opt out. I haven't heard of anyone getting liver damage - your doctor will do several tests to see if you are healthy enough to take. I'm sure one of them is to check your liver to see if it is healthy. Also you will be monitored by your doctor. Those with bad livers, should not take it. The hair loss thing, that is very rarely, more like a hair thining. And when/if anyone experiences that, from what I heard, it all grows back to normal after treatment.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

You should have nipped this problem in the bud a long time ago when it started. Why did you wait to do anything and let it get worse? You need to tell your mom or dad how much acne is ruining your self confidence and that you really want help. They need to take you to a good derm. and listen to his advice. If the derm. gives you antibiotics then try that because Doxycycline has really helped me. Accutane is a wonderful drug besides all the possible side effects. My cousin had TERRIBLE acne and he took accutane and he is a cross country runner that ran 8 miles a day for practice! He never had any problems with it and now his skin is clear and has been for over a year! Tell your parents all the stories you have heard about how much Accutane has helped people and maybe they will start to change their minds. Don't let this problem keep controlling you life you are too young and you need to do something about it.

Old 09-11-2005, 05:20 PM   #6

sienna228 HB User

I tried when it first came out with clearisill etc..I want to try accutane...the top 4 guy runners on are cross country team has bad acne.I give them credit though...Doxycycline-I have the blue capsules ..everyone I talked to has the actual pill..is their a difference? I just tried putting lemon juice on my face...a friend says it dries it up....thanks guys for the help..it really hurts my self esteem

Old 09-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #7
(male)

xNinox HB User

I had 1 of my friends go bald cause of Accutane.

Another is on his 3rd dose, and his acne HAS gotten better. But its the 3rd dose..

Closed Thread