It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2005, 10:10 AM   #1
(female)

FusionAmber HB User
How to clear acne

Yes, hormones are the main reason people get acne. You can control your hormones through diet.

Sugar causes a release of insulin in the body, and insulin is a hormone that release more hormones that causes oil and acne. Sugar can be found in a LOT of foods. Even foods such as bread, pasta and rice turn to sugar almost immediately after they enter your body. Sugar causes acne, so try to stay away from it.

Try eating lean meats (organic is best-no added hormones), LOTs of veggies, salad (watch out for sugar in the dressing), eggs (organic), cottage cheese (just a little, and organic), a little fruit (or none at all), nuts (raw), seeds, and a little oat..

You should notice a difference in your acne within 2 days. Also, drink a lot of water, exercise as much as possible, and take a good colon cleansing product such as Superior GI cleanse.

Good luck!

Old 09-11-2005, 10:14 AM   #2

blank HB User
Re: How to clear acne

i ate nothing but chicken breasts, salad, and fruit for 6 months.
and my face didn't change one bit.

also...fyi, cottage cheese is full of Whey. which is imho a big cause of acne. (as is milk, normal cheese & butter---or any dairy, for that matter)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

FusionAmber HB User

Yes, dairy can cause problems for some people, but if its organic and in small quantities its usually ok for most people.

If you were eating a lot of fruit for those 6 months, then that could be why you didn't see an improvement. There is a lot of sugar in fruit. Did you use any dressings or ingredients on your chicken or salad that had sugar?

Try going for 2-3 days without any sugar and no carbs except for veggies. You will see what I mean.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #4
(female)

FusionAmber HB User

BTW, veggies are best raw. When you cook them too much they turn to almost complete sugar. They should still be a little crispy when you eat them.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #5
(female)

jazmella HB User

I definitely agree with diet/what you eat affecting your skin (well, your entire body, for that matter).

However I don't agree with the eating only "a little" fruit...Fruit has sugar, yes, but it's natural sugar. Processed sugar is what you should stray far away from. I notice my skin improves a lot when I eat a plethora of fruits and veggies. I also eat a lot of whole grain foods, including bread and brown/wild rice. Just make sure the bread you choose isn't loaded with sugar. You can find bread with barely any sugar per slice(s), which is completely healthy. My favourite is the multiple grain breads. Mmm!

And yes, I agree that raw is best. Cooking depletes nutrients from food. I eat a lot of salads (2-4 times per week), so I get my raw veggies there. If not, I steam my veggies for a couple of minutes. So tasty and healthy.

Food can make you or break you. Make wise choices, people! And yes, as Fusion said, lots of water!

Old 09-11-2005, 11:06 AM   #6
(male)

omega47 HB User

hmm sugar in bread? im confused. I thought wheat makes acne worse, now i hear its the sugar in the bread.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:18 AM   #7
(female)

jazmella HB User

Whole grains are perfectly healthy. People just have to get used to reading labels. I read the label of every single food product I buy; minus fresh fruits and veggies, of course.

Heck, I even eat pasta every couple of weeks. I just stick to brown rice noodle pasta. Completely low in fat, no sugar, only 1 or two ingredients, completely healthy and yummy!

I try to stick to buying foods with as little ingredients as possible. And if you can pronounce the ingredients, the better.

Last edited by jazmella; 09-11-2005 at 11:19 AM.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:41 AM   #8
(male)

Rawraws HB User

I always read about changing your diet to help acne. But with what people are recommending to eat there is no way I could keep up my daily calorie intake. I have a high metabolism and if I don't eat at least 2500 calories a day I'll lose weight. Anyone know some high calorie foods that are ok for acne?

Old 09-11-2005, 11:46 AM   #9
(female)

FusionAmber HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazmella
Whole grains are perfectly healthy. People just have to get used to reading labels. I read the label of every single food product I buy; minus fresh fruits and veggies, of course.

Heck, I even eat pasta every couple of weeks. I just stick to brown rice noodle pasta. Completely low in fat, no sugar, only 1 or two ingredients, completely healthy and yummy!

I try to stick to buying foods with as little ingredients as possible. And if you can pronounce the ingredients, the better.

Any kind of bread, especially white bread turns to sugar as soon as you eat it, causing an insulin spike. Its perfectly fine to eat bread, but if you really want to get rid of acne, give it up and see what happens. The same goes for pasta and rice. Yes fruit is wonderful and it has added fiber so the sugar enters your bloodsteam slower, but it can still cause insulin spikes if you eat too much which equals acne.

Last edited by FusionAmber; 09-11-2005 at 11:48 AM.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:57 AM   #10
(male)

california1 HB User

what about those people who can eat a box of sugar and a loaf of bread every night of the week, right after they role in the mud and spread peanut butter all over their face... and still dont get a zit.

some people are just too lucky

Old 09-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #11
(female)

FusionAmber HB User

They don't have the same hormonal problems that we do. That's why we need to control ours with diet.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:20 PM   #12
(female)

realsad HB User

oops sorry..... see next post.........

Last edited by realsad; 09-11-2005 at 06:24 PM.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #13
(female)

realsad HB User

i would really like to eat the way that is suggested here, to help acne AND to be more healthy....BUT i just can't do it, and the biggest reason is time.....i have 2 kids and when i go to the grocery store, i absolutely don't have time to read labels, i wanna get in and out as fast as i can (anyone with kids can relate) lol.....also it is really hard to find the kind of foods that don't have alot of crap in them, i guess you can find those things at a health food store (i don't know of any in my area), and if you eat mostly vegitables i guess you can't get those at the grocery store (i go to super walmart, heh) either because all those have chemicals or pesticides in them.....i also don't have alot of money, i hear organic food is expensive, thats if i can even find it. well i guess i am just wondering if there is anything someone like me can do, that is not so time consuming and expensive, to try and eat healthier, does eating healthy have to be so much work? are there atleast a few things i can do to get closer to eating so healthy?

Old 09-11-2005, 07:31 PM   #14
(female)

jazmella HB User

Well, realsad, if it helps any, I don't eat organic, either; since it is so expensive. The odd time I will, but generally I don't. I just make sure to wash my fruits and veggies really well. But still, any fruit and veggies is better than none at all!

And regarding the label dealio, once you get to know the product/brand, you won't have to read the label anymore for that product since you already know what's in it. I don't read labels on the products I purchase anymore since I already know they're fine for me to consume.

Is there anyway you can shop without your children, at least one time? It's nice to have time to actually shop and browse. Get to know what's out there.

I sometimes buy a few choice food products from Walmart - namely crackers. Other than that, I'd recommend shopping at a proper grocery store - one that's just about selling food. They'd most likely have more of a selection.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:54 PM   #15
(male)

eNathan HB User

I am 17 years old and suffer from horrible acne (actaully, its my family that critisizes me, not my freinds . I strongly beieve in the power of alt-medicine. I will try your idea, and I hope it works. I have givin up on medicine. If it is one thing that I have learned is that you cant treat things. Treatment is simply pethetic, diet alone can have drastic effects on the internernal working's of one's body and metabolism (but usually requires drastic changes in one's diet).

One questoin, however. Is this a testimony of something that worked for you?

"Imagination is more greater than knowledge." -- Albert Einstine

Closed Thread