It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2005, 02:45 PM   #1
(male)

radioguy21 HB User
Does this happen to anyone else? Please read!

Hi, I've noticed over the past few weeks that whenever I've had any amount of alcohol, I wake up with a small, painful acne bump on my forehead. It's strange because this has never happened before when drinking alcohol, and it's only a single bump that always forms on my forehead near my hairline. Could this be just a coincidence, or is it maybe a developed food allergy?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User
Re: Does this happen to anyone else? Please read!

What kind of alcoholic beverages do you tend to drink? I try to avoid really sugary "alcopops"; although, lager is almost as bad. Although alcohol is dehydrating, which has a knock-on effect for the skin, I suspect it's the concentrated sugar more than the alcohol that you're reacting to. In that respect, shots are probably your best bet if you want to prevent similar breakouts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 08:54 AM   #3
(male)

primo1 HB User

i dont know what ingredients are in my alcohol but i always breakout out the next day whatever alcohol i drink.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo1
i dont know what ingredients are in my alcohol but i always breakout out the next day whatever alcohol i drink.
LOL, primo1, do you just go for the fishbowls then?! You must have some idea of what you drink? And if you find that your break out, try drinking a glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have. You still feel the desired effects of the alcohol but it's not so bad for your skin and you'll wake up with less of a hangover

Old 09-13-2005, 08:54 PM   #5
(male)

radioguy21 HB User

Hi, thanks for the responses!
To answer your question, I only have 1-2 beers or 1 glass of wine, and I wake up the next morning with the painful bump. Could the alcohol really act on my skin that quickly?

Closed Thread