It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 02:28 AM   #1
(female)

___vintaqe HB User
Pro-active?

I've been using it for a day or two, so I won't really see results yet. Has anyone used it, and have you seen significant results from it?

Old 09-12-2005, 05:32 AM   #2
(female)

lola1777 HB User
Re: Pro-active?

I have been using it for 3 months now and my acne is worse than it ever has been. I also started taking Alesse birth control about 2 months prior to starting the Proactive solution, so I am still trying to figure out if its the birth control or the Proactive. The thing I really like about it is that it makes my skin feel clean. I have used Cliniqe and that didn't work well, I have used Mary kay and that was worse, my skin was really oily more. With Proactive, my skin does not get oily during the day like it used to. I am still going to keep using it because the sales rep lady told me that it takes a few months before you start to see results and she said that it gets worse before it gets better. We'll see!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #3
(female)

goodies77 HB User

My friend used it and it helped. I didn't have the acne, just the acne post marks. Microdermx is sanding those nasty layers right off...finally...after all of the money I wasted. But, yes, I think Pro-Active does work for many people.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:04 AM   #4
(female)

aprilin28 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Pro-active?

I used proactiv for about 3 years, then I guess my skin just got used to it. Proactiv's answer was to buy more products. I went from proactiv to Acnefree (walmart, CVS), to nothing. Then I decided to change my diet, and add liver cleansers to it. It worked! I started with Dermacleanse for 3 weeks, then alternate other mixtures of liver cleanses. I am clear except for dark scar marks that I am currently bleaching.

Last edited by aprilin28; 09-14-2005 at 07:05 AM.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #5
(female)

omalll HB User

ive been on it for 8 weeks, and only now do i have no blemishes at all. i noticed a difference in a week, though, by the way it was starting to heal my skin. i still had some pimples pop up in the first month or so, i think it was because it got out all those that were under the skin. but they healed. now, im just waiting for the leftover red spots to fade, and they are, slowly.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #6
(female)

meltinginureyes HB User

I used Pro-Activ for about 2 months. After a few days, I saw an improvement in my skin--it also felt really clean too.

Towards the end of the second month, I noticed my face getting worse and worse. It seemed like my face had already become tolerant to Pro-Activ. I hadn't changed my schedule or method of washing my face....so needless to say it was up****ng.

I understand there is a period of time where your face has to get worse before it gets better. But I really didn't like the idea of going out and spending another $40-50 for a new kit to have my face look absolutely horrible.

Other than that Pro-Activ felt great and the smell was amazing! Too bad I'm a poor 19 yr. old!!

Old 09-14-2005, 11:27 AM   #7
(male)

Rawraws HB User

Proactiv is nothing special. It's just benzoyl peroxide products. You can buy a cleanser, toner and BP lotion for much cheaper at any department store. And it will work just the same. Don't waste your money on their ridiculously high priced products.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:02 PM   #8
(female)

Manic_Insomniac HB User

With out proactiv... I'd never go out of the house.

-Dane Cook

Old 09-14-2005, 07:55 PM   #9
(female)

MzPrincessReina HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawraws
Proactiv is nothing special. It's just benzoyl peroxide products. You can buy a cleanser, toner and BP lotion for much cheaper at any department store. And it will work just the same. Don't waste your money on their ridiculously high priced products.

this is true I bought pure zone by L'oreal cleanser and toner/astringent it doesnt have Bp in it but it has Salic. acid for the lotion I use BP that my doc gave me I use it just like pro active(I also tried it be4) except in the morning insteat of the bp lotion I apply neutrogena healthy skin lotion with alpha H. to keep from drying out, so far its be a week or two and I see good results smooth skin and clear, pimples that were there drying up faster, I bought pure zone for FOUR bucks plus tax each that beats 40 something bucks!

Old 09-15-2005, 05:41 PM   #10
(female)

snidgette HB User

3 months--clear, except for one pimple.

I'm going to order from Yves Rocher--their BioSpecific products for oily skin. I heard they work, and they're pretty cheap too. Also plant-derived/natural..

Closed Thread