It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 07:43 PM   #1
(female)

goodies77 HB User
Fish oil and microderm-X Rocks!!!

My nurse friend who shows before and afters told me about the pro-treatment microdermx. The reason some people who have tried store bought junk don't see a difference is because you need the best quality crystals to make it work! This microdermx is made from pure-fused (99.9%) corundum- next hardest to a diamond (mineral). These corundum get heated/fused to at least 4,000 degrees. When you massage this into your skin something very strange happens...the crystals fill up with dead skin and they go from a sandpaper feel to baby butt soft. It's been a miracle for me and my friend. Our post acne marks are going away because this stuff literally sands them off little by little. Well, it's not as bad as sandpaper, but something had to be rough enough to make these marks go away. My other friend who uses it has almost gotten rid of her brown/age spots too. It's the best. I can't say enough good things about it. This is high quality, that is not sold in stores and only high-end spas will carry it.

Oh yeah...fish oil is good for the skin too!

Good luck!

Old 09-13-2005, 07:53 AM   #2
(male)

omega47 HB User
Re: Fish oil and microderm-X Rocks!!!

where do u get this microdermx?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

desireegx HB User

hmmm ... this microdermx sounds similar stuff to Epidermx that I've been reading on this board.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
(female)

goodies77 HB User

I've just read on two other message boards that people are saying the Microdermx quality is better. You can try a sample of both and see which you like better. Which ever works bests than use it for yourself IMO.

There is also an Isodermx but their product is junk from what I've heard so stay away from it.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:39 PM   #5
(female)

starlight1 HB User

I am an older woman who has been using the Epidermx for about a year now and lately I have been experiencing dry spots that moisturizer would not help. I bought a jar of the Microdermx and finally it has gone away.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:48 PM   #6
(female)

starlight1 HB User

Just want everyone to know about a product called DMAE just started using it and the results have been remarkable. I Love It.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:51 PM   #7
(female)

goodies77 HB User

I just read on another message board that the price went down on epidermx because the quality went down. Do you use fish oil with your microdermx? I think the two are really helping my skin.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:06 AM   #8
(female)

kay9k HB User

I came back on the board here (it's such a great board for recommendations!)to ask if anyone has tried the Microdermx Step 2 that I see recommended after Step 1 and I saw the posts here about the microdermabrasion (the step 1) and I can tell you this stuff is awesome! I bought my first jar after trying many others - and this product is soooo great. I love my skin. So many of the marks are gone compared to before I can't believe it. Was going to get the Step 2 with my reorder that they recommend (hubby would only let me splurge for the Microdermx purchase the first time - ha ha) and just wondered how good it was. If anyone has tried it, please let me know! My skin is pretty oily but I know we need a moisturizer too.

Kay

Old 09-20-2005, 06:51 AM   #9
(female)

goodies77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay9k
I came back on the board here (it's such a great board for recommendations!)to ask if anyone has tried the Microdermx Step 2 that I see recommended after Step 1 and I saw the posts here about the microdermabrasion (the step 1) and I can tell you this stuff is awesome! I bought my first jar after trying many others - and this product is soooo great. I love my skin. So many of the marks are gone compared to before I can't believe it. Was going to get the Step 2 with my reorder that they recommend (hubby would only let me splurge for the Microdermx purchase the first time - ha ha) and just wondered how good it was. If anyone has tried it, please let me know! My skin is pretty oily but I know we need a moisturizer too.

Kay
Hi Kay,
my skin is a little on the oily side too, but the step two is a perfect moisture balance for me. Not only does it moisturize, but I think it has anti-oxidants to help protect from the harsh environment. The smell is heavenly too I think it's important to use something natural like this to follow up after a treatment. I thought I read that the pores are more open than before, and that it's the time to feed your skin with healthy ingredients and to be careful what you put on the new regenerating skin cells.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:05 AM   #10
(male)

Johnny0405 HB User

Hi Goodies,
I have been taking the fish oil for a couple of weeks now and hope it helps even more. I haven't tried the step two Microdermx yet, but I guess I should. I never thought moisture was that important since oil was my problem.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:07 AM   #11
(male)

Johnny0405 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight1
Just want everyone to know about a product called DMAE just started using it and the results have been remarkable. I Love It.
Hey Starlight,
is the DMAE for acne? I thought it was for firming the skin?

Old 09-20-2005, 07:33 AM   #12
(female)

kay9k HB User

Hey Jonny,

I discovered for those of us with oily skin (after years of putting on all those drying agents) that trying to get rid of the topical oil by applying the drying stuff actually made my skin worse and had more breakouts. That by adding the moisturizers (not the ones with mineral oil or other bad stuff in them) can actually help the oily skin. I think I'll try the Step 2 Microdermx moisturizer this time when I order - I'll let you know how it is! So about the fish oil, I take something called The Total EFA (has Omega 3,6 and 9) which is super important for good health AND good skin. Do you or anyone on the board know if one of these is fish oil or is that something separate I should take as well? (The container says it has fish oil in it but on the back doesn't mention it as far as an amount).

Kay

Old 09-20-2005, 07:43 AM   #13
(female)

desireegx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodies77
I just read on another message board that the price went down on epidermx because the quality went down.
Hmmm ..... sounds like a desperate attack on a competitor. Is there always a correlation between price and quality? Dr Perricone sells $500-$600 creams, Cream de la Mer is over $100 .... Do they perform any bettter than a $50 cream? NOPE. They are just a rip off ... to fatten the company's pockets.

Old 09-20-2005, 08:06 AM   #14
(male)

Johnny0405 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay9k
Hey Jonny,

I discovered for those of us with oily skin (after years of putting on all those drying agents) that trying to get rid of the topical oil by applying the drying stuff actually made my skin worse and had more breakouts. That by adding the moisturizers (not the ones with mineral oil or other bad stuff in them) can actually help the oily skin. I think I'll try the Step 2 Microdermx moisturizer this time when I order - I'll let you know how it is! So about the fish oil, I take something called The Total EFA (has Omega 3,6 and 9) which is super important for good health AND good skin. Do you or anyone on the board know if one of these is fish oil or is that something separate I should take as well? (The container says it has fish oil in it but on the back doesn't mention it as far as an amount).

Kay
Kay, I get my fish oil from Costco. Not sure if it's the same as yours. Maybe someone else can help out.

Old 09-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #15
(female)

desireegx HB User

Interesting! The Epidermx maker says the Microdermx is a spin-off of Epidermx. The Epidermx company split up and those that left got the Epidermx formula to make this similar cream Microdermx. No wonder they look so similar.

Closed Thread