It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 05:32 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User
Brings into question the relation between food and acne

Ok, there seems to be sooooo much focus on a food/acne relation on this board, but i wanted to share that i still eat the same crap i always have and was able to clear my face with StievaA....i know im not the only one....countless people on accutane did not change their eating habits, but are now clear....doesnt this bring into question the relationship between food and acne??

Old 09-13-2005, 05:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User
Re: Brings into question the relation between food and acne

Smartpants,

Yeah I am still a little confused about the Accutane thing and being able to eat what you want..my boyfriend went on Accutane when he was like, 14 or 15 and is now 22 and hasn't had one pimple since, and he eats whatever he wants (sugar, bread, bread, and more bread).

Sometimes I believe in the diet thing, sometimes I don't. I tried an all organic fruits/veggies/chicken/fish diet for several months and looked alright, but I was still breaking out. Since school started August 22, I have been eating pretty bad (I actually bought a chocolate cake just for the fun of it, LOL!) and I mean, nothing has really changed that much. Actually, my skin has been clearing remarkably within the past couple months, and now I am about to start Accutane tomorrow with a completely clear face!!! But that's a different story....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #3
(male)

DAFT HB User

One last time

Genes -> glycemic tolerance -> glycemic foods -> insulin -> DHT + IGF -> sebum + kerakoncytes -> p.acnes -> acne

You can attack acne at any stage

Genes - Gene therapy possible future treatment
Glycemic foods - Diet
Insulin - nope removing insulin will kill you
DHT + IGF - the pill, asprin, estrogen
Sebum - wash with soap, Accutance
kerakoncytes - remove skin with retin-A / peroxide
p.acnes, Antibiotics, peroxide, Retin-A

Did you know another way to cure acne is to cut out you sebum glands, you can then eat whatever you like. everything after diet masks the problems inside you it does not fix you.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:19 AM   #4
(male)

omega47 HB User

I brake out horribly from dairy products. Now, that acne seems like it will never stop. I thought to myself maybe what i was eating every single day is the bad stuff. Then i noticed i eat Bread everyday (white bread). So now i think i will have to eliminate bread too which will be extremely hard. solution = suicide. then acne will not be a problem anymore. lol

Old 09-13-2005, 09:27 AM   #5
(male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartpants
Ok, there seems to be sooooo much focus on a food/acne relation on this board, but i wanted to share that i still eat the same crap i always have and was able to clear my face with StievaA....i know im not the only one....countless people on accutane did not change their eating habits, but are now clear....doesnt this bring into question the relationship between food and acne??
you are just treating the symptoms. and believe me, i used retin a for 5 straight months (january to june 2004) and it cleared me 100%, i stopped using it because i was clear that time. then 3 months later (september 2004) my acne came back worse than ever! you could even search this forum that they experienced the same thing after 3 months after stopping retin a. so that's when i realized that topical medications only covers the symptoms. gentle exfoliation is all you need for external factors.

goodluck.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #6
(male)

Anonym0us HB User

think of this, what changes during puberty and "that time of the month", internally or externally?

Last edited by Anonym0us; 09-13-2005 at 09:51 AM.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:34 AM   #7
(female)

FusionAmber HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAFT
One last time

Genes -> glycemic tolerance -> glycemic foods -> insulin -> DHT + IGF -> sebum + kerakoncytes -> p.acnes -> acne

You can attack acne at any stage

Genes - Gene therapy possible future treatment
Glycemic foods - Diet
Insulin - nope removing insulin will kill you
DHT + IGF - the pill, asprin, estrogen
Sebum - wash with soap, Accutance
kerakoncytes - remove skin with retin-A / peroxide
p.acnes, Antibiotics, peroxide, Retin-A

Did you know another way to cure acne is to cut out you sebum glands, you can then eat whatever you like. everything after diet masks the problems inside you it does not fix you.

Thank you for your wonderful post! You make it so easy to understand.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:09 AM   #8
(male)

Rawraws HB User

Quote:
Did you know another way to cure acne is to cut out you sebum glands
What the heck? Are you serious?

Old 09-13-2005, 11:24 AM   #9
(male)

DAFT HB User

The statement i made was meant to be sarcastic. obviously you cant actually physically cut them out without destroying your face in the process but if you could then you would be able to mask the problem with your diet. Also even if you could cut them out without ruining your face you need them anyway sebum is good to little or too much is bad

Last edited by DAFT; 09-13-2005 at 11:28 AM.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:42 AM   #10
(male)

Rawraws HB User

Quote:
The statement i made was meant to be sarcastic. obviously you cant actually physically cut them out without destroying your face in the process but if you could then you would be able to mask the problem with your diet. Also even if you could cut them out without ruining your face you need them anyway sebum is good to little or too much is bad
The rest of your post seemed to be pretty serious so I was confused if you were joking or not.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:14 PM   #11
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User

Different people experience Acne for different reasons. Bacteria vs. Hormones vs. Diet. So the solutions to solving Acne are different. (Antibiotics (which my doctors told me only treat symptoms until you "grow-out" of acne), Accutane, Diet Changes).

Accutane helps to "cure" ACNE because it actually reconstructs your cells. So if you suffer from excessive sebum (this is the cause of your acne), then by taking Accutane you actually reconstruct your skin to produce less sebum. Resulting in no Acne. However, Accutane doesn't have the ability to exclusively reduce sebum where you have Acne (face, back, chest) it actually reconstructs the cells of your entire body. Which is why you will experience drying of your skin in other areas. (like your lips) My girlfriend actually had her shoulders peel for the duration of her Accutane treatment. She thought it was great, she had bad Acne at 16, took a round of Accutane and hasn't had one zit since (she is 25).

I definitely would recommend attempting diet/exercise changes before this extreme form of medication.

Also, I know people who have done 2 rounds of Accutane and it hasn't resolved their Acne. I also think that since it changes your cells permanently to produce less sebum (which keeps your skin moisturized) that later in life (40's +) you will experience dryness and wrinkles. (this isn't a fact, just how my logic works).

*I have never used Accutane this is based on research I have done, and the experiences of my friends.

Closed Thread