It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #1
(male)

tata77 HB User
White dots under my eyes????

hey everyone..for the longest time now..probably two years..i've never EVER been able to get rid of these "white dots" that are directly under my eye, in the soft sensitive tissue part. They look like a bunch of white heads but they cannot be popped because the skin is rather tough..and it doesnt seem like the white stuff inside is puss. I know topical cleansers are not the solution b/c i've tried everything on them but they look the same every day..i have about 3-5 under each eye. Its very noticable when i talk with someone and look directly at them. I dunno Erimus mentioned that these are fat cells or something that ended up under my eye..i'm just wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me or if anyone knows how to get rid of these once and for all?? its been soooo long and i try to ignore them but people always tell me that I have ***** under my eye and then i get so sad..i just want some help......

Old 09-13-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
(male)

thomasknowles HB User
Re: White dots under my eyes????

I have them too and would like to know how to get rid of them too

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
(male)

Anonym0us HB User

i heard that they were the deposits of cholesterol.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:34 PM   #4
(female)

health15 HB User

Use an eye cream that has retinol in it. I use green cream under my eyes and these things decreased after about 2 months. You have to be patient with retinol, but the results are great! The eye area is very sensitive, so I didn't start using it on my eye area until I was tolerating the green cream on my face every night for 1 month. Green cream is coming out with a sensitive skin formula that is not as strong if you want to wait and try that.
I think MyChelle also has an eye cream with retinol in it. I bet you could do a search to find more.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User

They are called milia. Do an internet search for it.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

What exactly are milia? I have these white dots too but they are more like flesh colored raised bumps that just stay where they are and never grow or change. They don't have puss or a blackhead in them either! It is really frustrating like tata said. They really aren't even that noticeable unless you are staring at me close up. I have heard they are closed comedones and they are very hard to get rid of. I just don't know what to do about it.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:45 PM   #7
(male)

ihatethis HB User

I posted about this ages ago. I've actually managed to get rid of mine.
I used the needle method on 1 or 2 (info below), which wasn't as easy as it sounds and has left tiny scars. So i wouldn't recomend that. What seems to have worked on the rest is a good face scrub. I use a Clinique For Men scrub a couple of times a week and i love it. My skin feels great.

Five Reasons Little White Bumps Are On Your Face and How to Get Rid Of Them

by Naweko San-Joyz

Are you making these mistakes each time you spot a little white little bump on your face? Fixing those little white bumps starts with a small dose of education and ends with a big dose of prevention. After understanding the five reasons below, your little bumps should give way to clearer skin.

Reason #1: You have no clue what those little white bumps are anyway.

Little white bumps, or milia, are keratin-filled cysts, or simply little globs of protein under the skin. There are generally two types of milia. Primary milia may result from oil glands that have not fully or properly developed. Secondary milia result from trauma to the skin.

Reason #2: You think all little white bumps are acne, and treat them that way.

Just because you have little white bumps on your face does not necessarily mean that you have acne. Milia, are little balls of protein beneath the skin that do not have a pore, or hole in the skin through which to escape.

Comedones or whiteheads are excess fats and wastes that are trapped in a hair follicle and so they clog up the pore. In short, milia are proteins trapped within the skin, while comedones are fats and skin debris trapped within the pore.

Exfoliating the skin, or removing the dead skin cells from your skin with an abrasive product or chemical, is beneficial. But brutally scrubbing your face with soaps and chemicals too frequently may actually create milia. To avoid this, remember that gentle exfoliation helps prevent excess dead skin cell build-up that could clog your pores and cause whiteheads, not milia.

This gentle exfoliation helps make eventual removal of the milia easier because the skin layer around the milia becomes thinner, with frequent, yet gentle exfoliation. In short, Exfoliate your skin to prevent milia, not to cure them.

Reason # 3 You have no idea what causes those little white bumps anyway.

When you were a baby, you were probably covered with milia that disappear after a few days. Or, you may have inherited milia from your parents.

On the other hand, you may develop milia after excessive exposure to the sun. The reasons for developing milia after sun exposure are debatable. According to some studies, the active ingredients sunscreens like Parsol 1789 may cause sun allergies and later lead to a milia breakout. Other studies blame the sun itself for “damaging” the skin can thus causing little white bumps.

Some people experience milia around the mouth. This could be the result of fluoride irritation from toothpaste.

Reason # 4: No one ever told you how to prevent milia.

The best way to prevent milia is to avoid treating your skin with excessively harsh chemicals and to limit sun exposure.

To reduce creating milia around the eyes, use eye creams with the least amount of ingredients possible to avoid irritating the delicately thin eye area. Also, gently touch the eyes and avoid rubbing the eyes vigorously so as not to damage the skin.

When brushing you teeth, try to keep the pasty foam from staying around your mouth too long. This limits possible fluoride irritation to the skin.

Use a sunscreen with the least amount of ingredients. Extraneous ingredients like fragrances may irritate your skin. Additionally, purchase sunscreens that offer physical sun blockage that contain active ingredients like titanium oxide or zinc oxide.

Reason #5: You still want to know what you can do right now to get rid of milia.

The key to getting rid of milia is realizing that they have no escape route, those little bumps are trapped under the skin. So, to get them out, you’ll need to have a professional like a dermatologist or aesthetician extract them. You can extract the milia yourself, but this involves risks.

Precautions You need to ensure that you milia are not symptoms of some underlying disease or illness. Also, if you extract the milia yourself, you may have trouble completely pulling out the cysts, as the removable process may prove too painful.

Otherwise, if you are confident with your health and courage, you can cleanse your hands and face. Then wet a cloth with warm water and apply it to your face for a few minutes. Gently apply a sterile needle to the center of the little white bump to create a tiny opening in the skin.

Wrap your thumbs in a clean tissue and, using your thumbs, proceed to gently squeeze the contents of the little white bump out. Finally, cleanse the area of the extracted little white bump with an astringent.

Now, you have no reason to walk around with little white bumps on your face. If you still think you do, please consider the possibility that you’re just telling yourself little white bumpy lies.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:34 AM   #8
(female)

omalll HB User

i had one under my eye before. I picked at it for days (really bad ) until i finally got it open. and then it healed and never returned.

more recently though, i had one on my cheek near my nose. i hate them, and i wanted to get rid of it, but knew that it wouldnt go away on its own. i did another no-no. I sterilized a pin and poked it open and cleaned it out. sounds gruesome. but it worked. it took a couple days to heal, like a normal pimple, but never left a scar, and never returned. i dont advocate it because maybe i got lucky, but it went away for me.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:20 PM   #9
(male)

pulary HB User
Smile Re: White dots under my eyes????

I have them under both eyes as well. I had a facial and that got rid of them. It hurt a tiny bit, but it was worth the pain to get rid of the unsightful think.

Hope that helps.
Phillip

Old 09-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #10
(male)

tata77 HB User

Hi pulary..i'm glad to hear that you were able to get rid of them..can you describe to me what exactly is your facial?..i'm a male and i'm kinda slow at these things ..but i really wanna get rid of these milia things too..so any advice would be great!..if i can avoid using the needle method then i'd like to give it a try.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:14 PM   #11
(male)

pulary HB User

I was on a cruise ship. Ask questions and tell them that you do not want a needle used. The girl who did mine used her fingers with a kleenex to unclog the pores.

Hopefully this helps.
Phillip

Old 10-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #12
(female)

realsad HB User

ok, my 8 year old daughter has these milia under her eyes for a couple years, not that noticable and i have squeezed a few out that were really really almost out themselves (after trying to get her to let me for hours). but they hang around for months and months and now she is getting annoyed with them.....she doesn't use anything on her face, soap or lotion, maybe soap if its really dirty but usually not. i don't understand why she is getting these. my son doesn't and i don't think i did....maybe a few in a couple years ago, but if its something adults/teens get, why does she have it? and also can it be a sign of another problem? thats the part that concerns me.......please if anyone has anything similar going on, or knows maybe if i can do anything, i would rather not use any creams on her since she is so young

Old 10-07-2005, 05:25 PM   #13
(female)

realsad HB User

bump, kept looking for info. but couldn'tfind much about school aged children, only infants.....

Old 10-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsad
ok, my 8 year old daughter has these milia under her eyes for a couple years, not that noticable and i have squeezed a few out that were really really almost out themselves (after trying to get her to let me for hours). but they hang around for months and months and now she is getting annoyed with them.....she doesn't use anything on her face, soap or lotion, maybe soap if its really dirty but usually not. i don't understand why she is getting these. my son doesn't and i don't think i did....maybe a few in a couple years ago, but if its something adults/teens get, why does she have it? and also can it be a sign of another problem? thats the part that concerns me.......please if anyone has anything similar going on, or knows maybe if i can do anything, i would rather not use any creams on her since she is so young
I usually have one or 2 around my eye area and I am 27. It doesn't mean there are other problems...they are just protein deposits. The only way to get rid of them to to break the skin and squeeze it out. The most painless way to do this is to poke it with a sterilized needle and then gently squeeze. They do stay around until you extract them. Her doctor can extract them for her.

Old 12-06-2005, 04:24 AM   #15
(male)

Ihaveadream HB User

I used to get these for years but over the last couple of years they have dissappeared. I do eat alot more healthy food these days and dont drinks as much beer as I used to. I never tried popping them because the skin is too soft/ sensitive round there.

Closed Thread