It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User
anyone tried MSM?

Has anyone ever taken MSM internally and if so has it helped with acne?

I just bought a bottle of MSM capsules and Evening Primrose oil supplements...I hope these help with my skin..

Old 09-14-2005, 07:35 AM   #2
(female)

amo HB User
Re: anyone tried MSM?

Please let us know what you think. I have abottle of MSM, but I haven't started taking it yet. I am really trying to keep it to one thing at a time so I know what is working and what isn't.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

From the information I have read on MSM, it is supposed to help with acne. I've started taking it recently as well in powder form.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:53 PM   #4
(female)

Erica in IL HB User

Just be careful with MSM, it puts stress on the kidneys. Make sure you drink plenty of water while taking it. I'm sure a google search for MSM will bring up a few sites with good information.

Old 09-15-2005, 05:02 AM   #5
(female)

mo523 HB User

I took MSM, and I didn't notice in real difference. I was also taking other supplements at the time and extremely stressed out. So that might have affected the effectiveness of the MSM. If you know what I'm saying. Basically, I continued to have the same skin. I think I gave them about 3 months, but I kept breaking out.

Old 09-15-2005, 05:33 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

I'm gonna try them (plus activated charcoal, and evening primrose) and see what happens. My skin is a little clearer than yesterday..I'm also going to drink carrot juice with olive oil (heard it helps get rid of forehead acne, and thats mainly my problem).

I ordered some Capsiderm, so we'll see how that goes

Wish me luck

Thanks for the replies

Old 09-15-2005, 07:26 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xismybaby
I'm gonna try them (plus activated charcoal, and evening primrose) and see what happens. My skin is a little clearer than yesterday..I'm also going to drink carrot juice with olive oil (heard it helps get rid of forehead acne, and thats mainly my problem).

I ordered some Capsiderm, so we'll see how that goes

Wish me luck

Thanks for the replies
xismybaby, where did you hear that about the carrot juice and olive oil? Forhead acne is my main problem too.

Good luck.

Old 09-16-2005, 05:47 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

Hey hitmen~

This is what I have been doing:

I juice about 6 or 7 large carrots (which makes a small glass) and then I add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Thats it!! And I just drink one glass a day (in the morning, but Im sure it wouldnt matter when you drank it).

I'll keep you updated (I just received my Capsiderm and have been taking supplements and my skin looks better today..it actually looks much healthier)

Last edited by moderator2; 09-16-2005 at 04:41 PM.

Old 09-18-2005, 01:52 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

Congrats on the success xismybaby. I was just wondering how you came to the discovery of that recipe and how it would help with acne...also how does it taste?

Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen
Congrats on the success xismybaby. I was just wondering how you came to the discovery of that recipe and how it would help with acne...also how does it taste?
I'm not having success anymore Hitmen My forhead is the real problem and its not getting better...I dont know what I should stop doing? I dont know what is breaking me out

I cant deal with this crap anymore

Old 09-19-2005, 01:53 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

tkoval HB User

Yes! I was actually coming on here to make a thread about MSM but I see you already beat me to it. I started MSM a few months ago, and it's been awesome. I noticed a difference the first week. It's really amazing stuff. I got it in capsule form. I'm not sure about it being bad for the kidneys though, everything I read said it's the second most common chemical in the body, after water and it's completely harmless with no risk of overdoese. However, I don't want to be responsible for anybody hurting themselves, so if you're planning on taking more than the recommended dose on the bottle, I'd consult your doctor first. But yeah, I noticed the hugest difference, more so than when I started taking doxy, which I'm actually still on but its effects seemed to have worn off or something. Here's hoping you find as much success with it as I did

Old 09-19-2005, 02:16 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

Thats great tkoval! How much do you take? Does your MSM have any other vitamins or anything in it (mine has Vitamin C)?

What type of acne do you have?

Old 09-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #13
(female)

ProudVegan HB User

MSM is good for your skin, but if you take supplements, you would have to take 3 capsules a day.

However, for most people, MSM can cause your skin to become oily; so keep close observation if you notice that.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:48 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

My skin looks completely horrible (just on my forehead and nose) so I'm quitting every supplement (includind MSM) that I am taking. I know its got to be one of them thats breaking me out so bad. Im really depressed about my skin

All i am going to do is wash with Capsiderm, apply Apple cider vinegar and apply Proactiv's repairing lotion.

I'm not going to take any pills until I get this under control. Except I just read a post about Motrin and I might just take that and thats it.

I've realized that none of my friends take all the stuff that I take and they have clear skin.

I just want to hide and never leave my house right now

Old 09-20-2005, 06:45 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

I'm sorry to hear that xismybaby, but cheer up. I know how it feels and it does suck but you just got to push through it...better days are ahead.

I don't think you should concern yourself too much with what your friends are doing. It's possible they aren't as acne prone as you are. It would be kinda like saying my friend smokes, drinks and eats like crap yet still has great skin, so let me go ahead and do the same. You know your body better than anyone...

Closed Thread