It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Self esteem and confidence problems

Well i finally managed to bring my big red spot to a head by applying hot compresses throughout the day, now i'm left with a red mark as per usual, hopefully it will not take forever to go this time, i will keep it moisturized using dettol antiseptic cream with moisturizer and see how i get on.
Doesn't acne bring along so many problems apart from the obvious, for example i'm going on holiday next week and really want to go the dentist before i go for a check up and also a haircut but i'm too embarresed at the moment because of this big red mark.
It always seems like you have to put your life on hold while you wait for these things to heal up as facing people is really difficult when you are not feeling great about yourself, it's amazing how much damage acne can do to your self esteem and confidence isn't it ?

Old 09-13-2005, 05:41 PM   #2
(female)

health15 HB User
Re: Self esteem and confidence problems

I know what you mean. I had the worst breakout of my life in January and avoided all kinds of social things. It sinks!
I read what you said about hot compresses and I think heat would make it worse. I found that the big pimples went away faster when I put ice on them at night. It decreases the reddness and inflammation. Try ice covered in 1-2 layers of paper towel or a light material for 10-15 min. It really works!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 05:46 PM   #3
(male)

CursedSkin HB User

im fighting....everyday i am fighting. it seems like im fighting a battle i just cant win. i dont know how old you guys are but im 26 and i never had a chance.

i only had about 9 years of clear skin and ive had problems since i was 10. so thats sixteen years. ive avoided so many social interactions i know for a fact my whole life would be different if i had clear skin. who knows who i wouldve met or where i would be.

acne is tough. i even went on accutane twice and couldnt beat it. another thing thats sucks is like your a freakin human guinea pig. you try one thing for 5 weeks, it doesnt work, try another thing for 5 weeks and that doesnt work. repeat. ive been doing this process for 16 freakin years of my life and its hard.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:30 PM   #4
(male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

cursedskin,
I'm sorry to hear you have suffered acne for 16 years,
I've suffered acne for around 10 years and still suffering from it right now but I have stopped it dead in its track,

I've noticed you are over 21, maybe it is time for a change of lifestyle?

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-13-2005 at 06:30 PM.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:00 AM   #5
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User

I know what you mean re self-esteem!

I am 26 and I wake up every single morning getting myself prepared for work, passing through an emotional rollercoaster before I arrive at work, stressing about how my face looks and trying to make it look less monstrous than it actually is. I have been in the workforce for only 3 years and I feel I'm at the end of my tether and exhausted already. I can't keep doing this every single new day that dawns.

And then if something actually is stressful at work, then it hits me very hard because I'm already in a fragile state! Acne just makes life soooo much harder. I would love to arrive at work one day and just feel fresh and clean and acne-free. Oh how the day would be so much easier to handle.

(I actually don't have much acne, there is just not much space on my face for acne since Roaccutane has blown my face to smitherines and shut down my sebaceous glands and caused a multitude of physical and psychological deformities and monstrosities due to Vitamin A poisining which IS accutane. Oh I detest that drug. We were given sebaceous glands for a reason for pete's sake!!!)

AA
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Old 09-14-2005, 06:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccutaneAvenger
I know what you mean re self-esteem!

I am 26 and I wake up every single morning getting myself prepared for work, passing through an emotional rollercoaster before I arrive at work, stressing about how my face looks and trying to make it look less monstrous than it actually is. I have been in the workforce for only 3 years and I feel I'm at the end of my tether and exhausted already. I can't keep doing this every single new day that dawns.

And then if something actually is stressful at work, then it hits me very hard because I'm already in a fragile state! Acne just makes life soooo much harder. I would love to arrive at work one day and just feel fresh and clean and acne-free. Oh how the day would be so much easier to handle.

(I actually don't have much acne, there is just not much space on my face for acne since Roaccutane has blown my face to smitherines and shut down my sebaceous glands and caused a multitude of physical and psychological deformities and monstrosities due to Vitamin A poisining which IS accutane. Oh I detest that drug. We were given sebaceous glands for a reason for pete's sake!!!)

Hi i'm really sorry that you too are suffering and have had a bad time with Roaccutane,what sort of problems has the drug caused you ?

AA

Closed Thread