It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #1
(male)

xphile HB User
daily exfoliation

i use capsiderm night and morning, and although it works great at breaking down cysts which i rarely get, i am convinced that the small bumpy areas on my cheeks are caused by clogged pores that can be eliminated through daily exfoliation with a product such as nivea for men facial scrub. has anyone else had success with daily exfoliation?

Old 09-14-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
(female)

meltinginureyes HB User
Re: daily exfoliation

I use St. Ives Apricot scrub about 2 times a week. In addition, I sometimes use the Queen Helene's Mint Mask.....but since you are a guy I'm not sure if you do masks!!! But this exfoliation routine has worked for me.

**My boyfriend has pretty clear skin but occasionally (like once in a blue moon!) he'll break out b/c he works outside all day. Anyways, he uses hair conditioner on his face in the shower and the next day....POOF.....clear skin! I've tried it and it doesn't work for me at all. I don't know....maybe he just needed some TLC from an intense moisturizer!

Brittany

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
(female)

mo523 HB User

I exfoliate daily with DDF Acne Pumice Face Scrub. It has caused no irritation to my skin by doing it daily. If fact, I think my skin likes it best when I exfoliate everyday.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #4
(female)

tracy0021 HB User

how long have you been using the ddf scrub daily? i had used oxy scrub daily since i was 12, but they discontinued it a couple of years ago. after about a month with no scrub my face started to break out for the first time. since then, i have tried all kinds of scrubs but everything i tried irritated my face, but i have not tried the ddf. i am having good results with the loreal microdermabrasion scrub though.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
(female)

desireegx HB User

I used to use the St Ive's Apricot scrub for daily exfoliation. It was ok and seemed to keep my skin relatively clear, but it was kinda rough on the skin, so i don't want to use it anymore. After reading so much about the Epidermx microdermabrasion scrub on this board, i decided to order it and had my first treatment 2 days ago. Geeze, it's a 100 times better than Apricot scrub.

Old 09-15-2005, 05:07 AM   #6
(female)

mo523 HB User

I have been using the DDf scrub for about 3 months. I kind of pricey, it's in the twenties, but it lasts forever. I bought mine in June and I still have half of a bottle left, and like I said, I have been using it daily. I have heard good things about the loreal scrub.

The key to exfoliating is to be gentle with the scrub, or else it will irritate your skin. For those that have really sensitive skin, they should try a scrub from a health food store. I have heard good things about epidermx as well. I may try that when my DDF scrub runs out. Good luck and keep us informed on your progress.

Closed Thread