It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #1

CRS32 HB User
Can't take it anymore, Self-Esteem & Confidence non-existent, desperate for help!

I'm a 20 year old male with Oily, Acne-Prone skin, I honestly don't remember the last time my complexion was clear. I have now just got into the dating scene, but first impressions are important and if I stroll in with a red face and random pimples all over, just imagine what their views would be. I have tried facial gels such as Vichy Normaderm as well as it's Exfoliant, maintaining a healthier diet and have also tried an internal cleansing which seemed to work for my face for about a month, then it went back to the way t was. I'm desperate for help, anyone with any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. From what I've read, the causes sound more internal than external.

Last edited by CRS32; 09-14-2005 at 11:51 AM.

Old 09-14-2005, 11:55 AM   #2
(male)

Rawraws HB User
Re: Can't take it anymore, Self-Esteem & Confidence non-existent, desperate for help!

I feel your pain. Believe me. I'm a 22yr old male and I'm just about totally fed up with acne. I've tried endless products with no success. I really wish I could offer you some advice on helping the acne. But seeing as how nothing worked for me I just don't have any answers. I'm planning on making an appointment with a derm for the first time in my life. I doubt they will tell me anything I don't already know but maybe I will get Accutane.

Just curious, what kind of internal cleansing did you try?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 12:16 PM   #3
(female)

realsad HB User
Re: Can't take it anymore, Self-Esteem & Confidence non-existent, desperate for help!

i also relate to you guys, i am a girl, but this whole deal is killing me. i was never confident before i had acne, but holy cow has it gotten worse than i ever thought possible......

Old 09-14-2005, 12:24 PM   #4

CRS32 HB User

I did a 10-day Colon / Liver cleanse, I used an all natural Chinese herbal combination in capsule form. I also did a 3-day Liver cleanse which required me to fast for 3 days and eat or drink nothing besides a massive amount of apple juice and water. I was also required to drink a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the last day, and I must say that was the absolute worst part of it.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
(male)

Rawraws HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS32
I did a 10-day Colon / Liver cleanse, I used an all natural Chinese herbal combination in capsule form. I also did a 3-day Liver cleanse which required me to fast for 3 days and eat or drink nothing besides a massive amount of apple juice and water. I was also required to drink a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the last day, and I must say that was the absolute worst part of it.
I've been very curious about the liver's role in acne lately. Like you said, the problem is internal. So I'm bent on fixing myself from the inside out. Topicals just can't cut it. I recently started taking some pills called Tyler Detoxification Factors. They are supposed to help the liver's natural processes. I've only been on them for 5 days so I can't say anything about benefits so far. But I'll make a post about it in a month or so.

When you say the cleanses seemed to work for your face for a month, did it actually clear you? I know often times it "seems" a product is helping me for a while but then I realize it was mostly wishful thinking.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:07 PM   #6

CRS32 HB User

It did work for a good while, the redness was virtually gone and I had like 1 or 2 pimples that were almost unnoticeable. I was also using something for the Liver called Milk Thistle, which Detoxifies and and Strengthens the Liver.

Closed Thread