It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
(female)

realsad HB User
Unhappy can't stop picking- pores keep clogging!!

hi i am 24, on the end of my 2nd month on accutane....i know you are not suposed to pick at all while on accutane, but everytime i decide i am not going to and i try really hard, i get like 7 spots that i feel i need to get the crap out, it honestly seems like my skin can't do it on its own, i have so many clogged pores still, my skin just doesn't look nice and its so depressing. i heard alot of accutane users say their skin texture gets better, mine hasn't at all, it seems worse but that might be because i am seeing it after having all these breakouts which put me on accutane in the 1st place. i dunno i am starting to get scared that i am going to have to wear makeup forever. i hate it. i wanna wake up, brush my teeth, get dressed, and go like i used to be able to do. i am constantly thinking about my skin, constantly!!! and i won't go anywhere i might run into old friends cuz i am just too embarrassed. i didn't used to look like this. the fair is in town and i really wanted to go, i thought by now i would be feeling comfortable about going out but i guess not. i had to hide all summer long, looks like i am gonna be hiding longer.....

Last edited by realsad; 09-14-2005 at 01:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User
Re: can't stop picking- pores keep clogging!!

realsad,

sorry to hear it is not going well...i remember your posts from awhile back and was really hoping the accutane would work for you....i totally know what you mean abotu hiding out and avoiding people...im JUST now starting to be able to not do taht but it is weird...i get invited to do things and my first reaction is no, as im sooooooooo used to hiding because of my face...i have to stop and tell myself that I CAN go out now...hopefully your time comes soon...you are still early on with the accutane...

SP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 04:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsad
hi i am 24, on the end of my 2nd month on accutane....i know you are not suposed to pick at all while on accutane, but everytime i decide i am not going to and i try really hard, i get like 7 spots that i feel i need to get the crap out, it honestly seems like my skin can't do it on its own, i have so many clogged pores still, my skin just doesn't look nice and its so depressing. i heard alot of accutane users say their skin texture gets better, mine hasn't at all, it seems worse but that might be because i am seeing it after having all these breakouts which put me on accutane in the 1st place. i dunno i am starting to get scared that i am going to have to wear makeup forever. i hate it. i wanna wake up, brush my teeth, get dressed, and go like i used to be able to do. i am constantly thinking about my skin, constantly!!! and i won't go anywhere i might run into old friends cuz i am just too embarrassed. i didn't used to look like this. the fair is in town and i really wanted to go, i thought by now i would be feeling comfortable about going out but i guess not. i had to hide all summer long, looks like i am gonna be hiding longer.....
Hi i too have just had the worst summer of my life, after picking at a spot on my nose i ended up with a nasty cut that has taken nearly 3 months to heal, 3 months of hiding away and not enjoying any social event's because i couldn't stop thinking about the cut, anyway 3 motnhs later and the cut finally healed up and after using a product i found on ebay the scar has actually faded to the same colour as my skin making it hardly visible, but then just when i was about to get some confidence back a bloody big spot appeared on my forehead and now that the spot has burst i am left with a horrible red mark that resembles a knock on the head, so now i will have to suffer for another few weeks, doesn't it just suck.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:12 AM   #4
(female)

realsad HB User

yup it sux. i really need to stop picking at it, but like i said its so so hard, there are times i can go like a week with out picking but i always relapse. its hard cuz when i really wanna just stop i keep getting more spots to pick at and i think now since i am on accutane and i hear such good things i am in a hurry to just get all the crap out so i can be done with wondering how much longer till i can go out and have some fun with out thinking of my makeup coming off, or people seeing bumps on my face in certain lighting or whatever. i have tried a few things before that seemed to help, take the lights out of my bathroom mirror, keep my fingernails really short.....anyone have any other suggestions?

Closed Thread