It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 10:05 PM   #1
(male)

jimbo1101 HB User
Angry cysts: topical treatments suck... i dont wanna live like this

cutting sugar helped me big time with my acne but i can't cut out everything....you can change your diet but *** it isn't right.... this topical treatment is a bunch of bulIshit too.... cystic/nodular... watever u wanna call it, i'm talking about those big red minibulges coming out of ur skin for two days and then maybe turning white.... those disgusting things are caused because of something internal and nobody cares that these BIG RED BUMPS are destroying our lives and making them not worth living.... the only thing that worked is anti-biotics but i cant take them forever.... wat do i do? i cant live my life half way like this nemore

Old 09-15-2005, 07:48 AM   #2
(female)

portrgirl HB User
Re: cysts: topical treatments suck... i dont wanna live like this

Me neither. Antibiotics kept me clear for years. Unfortunately, it also wasn't the best for my body, so I went off of them last March. Since then it's been a struggle to keep my skin clear. I'd give anything to deal with little whiteheads. Cysts / pustules / etc are so embarrassing and hurt like hell.

I've heard that regular chemical peels help some, as does Retin-A Micro.
Those are the next things I plan on trying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2005, 08:28 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User

Yep, I'm right with you. I took antibiotics for 2+ years, but decided it was time to get off of them about 4 weeks ago. And my entire face hurts from these cysts. The topical antibiotic isn't helping at ALL.

I'm going to start back on the BC Pill in a couple of weeks, and I'm praying that it will help me.

I'm at the point where I hate going to get my hair cut, or go shopping for makeup & stuff - I feel like they are looking at me saying "ewwwww, look at her skin".

I think people don't get it... they think that people with acne are dirty or something. Really bums me out.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:39 AM   #4
(female)

portrgirl HB User

I know, I think people are looking at me and thinking all those things. Truth is? They really don't see it, or at least not as much as we do! I noticed that I only see someone's acne when I'm having a bad breakout and feel down about my skin.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:27 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User

That's what I hope - that people cannot see how bad it is. I guess maybe since I see my face right after I wash it in the a.m. & all of the cysts & zits are glowing red in the bright bathroom light.

I take time to put on makeup & cover up as much as I can without making things look worse..... so yeah, I guess it's probably not as noticeable to others.

I really only notice when a person who usually has flawless skin has a big zit - because I'm not used to seeing it on them, lol. And then they complain about their ONE zit - I feel like saying "ooooh pllllleeeeeeez"!!

Closed Thread