It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
(female)

hurting&scared HB User
bumps/acne in pubic hairs region

Ok I need some help.

For about a year or two now I have been getting these bumps/acne in my pubic areas. Sometimes I get them where my underwear line it (joints where my legs start). At the beginning it didn't hury much. I just bared with it, it usually went away. I thought I was getting them b/c I was shaving my pubic hair. But they got worst over time. So I stop saving and let my hair grow back. But it just get even worst either way I do it. If I saves it hurts. If I don't it still hurts. I finally got up the courage to go to a women's clinic to make sure I didn't have any STDs or anything. By then it wasn't as bad as right now. My doctor tells me that I it is just pimples and ask if I shave my pubic hairs. I told her yes and she confirms that it is just pimples. I tell her that it really hurts and the bumps are really big. She suggest that I can always go to a dermatologist. I was going to but well a natural disaster happens and well you know the deal.

Anyhow, I have several bumps in my pubic region. Some of them do not hurt at all. I have one that is really hurting and bleeds if I have some kind of pressure to it. Now I have another one forming on my right side of my pubic region. Should I be concerned? Should I see a doctor (regular one) or a women's doctor? Or should I see a dermatologist?

I am freaking out please help me!!!

Old 09-16-2005, 02:06 AM   #2
(female)

hmahappy HB User
Re: bumps/acne in pubic hairs region

It sounds to me like you have some sort of folliculitis- which is staph infection of the hair follicle- probably each bump is related to a hair that might be ingrown or just irritated from the hair growing- or the hair being removed. Acne meds don't work on them cuz they're not caused by the same bacteria. This is what you should do: wash the area properly with warm water and an antibacterial soap before and after shaving, then buy an antibacterial ointment that works against staph aureus, i think there's something called fusidin or something, i think tribiotic too but i'm not sure read the boxes. and cover the area and the bumps with them. Then wear cotton underwear because the irritation can come from the nylon or synthetic stuff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2005, 06:17 AM   #3
(female)

hurting&scared HB User

Thanks for the explanation. but I am dum when it comes to getting medicine. The meds that you suggest, I can get them from just regular store (ie. Walmart)?

My question again would be if I should see a dermtologist?

Old 09-16-2005, 06:50 AM   #4
(female)

sherriy HB User

go to your gyno and ask to be tested for genital warts. it is what happened to me and after treating them for over a year using prescribed medication, they never went away and i had to have them lasered off my vulva. also, if you delay, there is a chance that you may aquire vulva cancer, so please get them biopsied and checked.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:36 PM   #5
(female)

hmahappy HB User

A dermatologist would also be able to treat folliculitis/ genital warts for you- and if need be refer u to a gyno. The antibacterial soaps and antibacterial ointments or cream are over the counter stuff and would be enough for a mild case. But that's if what u have is the folliculitis i'm talking about. If its genital warts like sherryi says that's another story that's more complex and the treatment would not be otc.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:21 PM   #6
(female)

hurting&scared HB User

Ok, I don't think I have genital warts. So I'll go see a dermtologist. Thanks for the help.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #7
(female)

hurting&scared HB User

Ok, I have yet to see a dermo. yet but my pubic area (left side) is hurting really bad and won't stop bleeding. I have seen my gyno. a few months back and she said that it was just pimples. I don't want to have to see two kinds of doctors (don't have the funds). The "pimple" now look like open sores and hurt really bad. too afraid to shave b/c that might make it worst. It also feels like I am forming anthoer bump. I have tried to use antibacterial soap just to clean it up but that really does nothing.

The sugestion from hmahappy
Quote:
antibacterial ointment that works against staph aureus,
I have no idea what I am looking for. If you could actually give me a brand or name I could be looking for that would be great.

Please help me.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #8
(female)

FusionAmber HB User

It sounds to me like you have ingrown hairs. I use to have this really bad when I started shaving my bikini too. Did you start getting them when you started shaving?

I use a product called PFB vanish twice a day and it makes all the bumps go away completely and keeps them away. You can get it online for only $20 for a big bottle. Good luck.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #9
(female)

CrystalAnn HB User

Hi there,
Well..I get zits down there once in a while, because there are pores down there, you can get zits there too. I used to shave my pubic hair as well and I would get razor burn from doing it, so I stopped and it went away. You can also get ingrown hairs. Another thing is that I get cysts now. They look like zits..but when they pop themselves, they ooze out blood. They are fairly bigger than a zit too. Perhaps that is what you are getting. I was freaked out when I first got one, I thought it was an STD, but I was tested for everything and knew I was clean. So..I told my mom and she informed me that she gets them too and so does my Aunt. They are harmless, just be careful to keep them clean and don't get them infected. Also, when they pop..squeeze as much of that crap out of them as you can and put a warm compress on them. I hope this helped. Best of luck.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

Hi, it sounds like you might have Hydradenitis Suppurativa. Do a search and see if the pictures resemble what you have. They are like pimples except larger, and when the skin breaks open it will not heal over until all of the contents are removed. If no treatment is sought the infection can tunnel and create more pimples nearby. I get these on my butt and they are very painful. Your doctor needs to prescribe antibiotics (Spiro), preferably a 3 month course.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:42 PM   #11
(female)

hurting&scared HB User

Thanks for the help. You guys are the best.

Quote:
sounds like you might have Hydradenitis Suppurativa
It does look similar to the pictures but I still not sure. There aren't enough pictures for me to look at.

Quote:
Did you start getting them when you started shaving?
I didn't get these when I started shaving. I got them later on, maybe about 4- 6 months in. Ever since I started getting the bumps/acne I stopped shaving. I may trim every once in a while but that is it. Should I still use the gel if I stopped shaving and if the acne is still more like an open wound?

My current situation:
As of now, I still bleed just a lil (I put a layer of toilet paper between my panties and the wound) and the swelling has gone down some. It doesn't hurt as much. It is still an open wound though.

Old 10-30-2005, 12:48 PM   #12
(female)

hurting&scared HB User

Hi again,

Just letting you know of my progress. As of now I have no more bump in my pubic region. I find that constantly washing myself with antibacterial soap may have helped alot. I don't bleed anymore. No more open wounds. Hopefully they will not come back either.

Closed Thread