It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2005, 09:12 PM   #1

Wmoon24 HB User
Question HUGE cysts! Any quick fixes??

I'm hoping to get some quick responses to this before in the morning. For a week now I've had 2 HUGE cysts on my cheek and one on my chin. I have been putting 10% bzp w/sulfer on them every night and they have not improved. I have two important appointments tomorrow and I am literally wigging myself out thinking about having to face people with these 3 cysts on my face. The ones on my cheek are right together, one above the other, and they have to be the size of small peas, no kidding, and very tender. I want to just forget about and stay at home, but it is extremely important that I make it to these 2 appts and I DO NOT want to face anyone with these cysts. Any quick fixes to at least reduce the size of them? Tonight I applied 5% bzp cream combined with 1% hydrocortisone cream to see if that helps. Before applying the creams I iced them for a few minutes, but they still look as big as ever. Why oh why must I be cursed this way...ugh! If anyone has any quick fixes or suggestions, please let me know. TIA!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2005, 07:53 AM   #2
(male)

CursedSkin HB User
Re: HUGE cysts! Any quick fixes??

the only one i can think of is the cortizone shot from a derm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2005, 10:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

Yes the fastest way is a cortizone shot. You can also put the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask over the cysts overnight.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:30 AM   #4
(female)

txangel0828 HB User

I just found a wonderful new product maded by Boscia called Willow Bark Breakout treatment. It helps open and disinfect pores and it doesn't irritate your skin. You might want to give it a try.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:17 PM   #5
(female)

health15 HB User

actually, I would have suggested just what you did. BP and then ice at night. also, take some suppliments like A, C, E, zinc, and selenium.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:13 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User

I have had wonderful results with tea tree oil. It really dries out the blemish/cyst quickly. I do not use anything else. I have tried almost every BP product out there and they worked ok. But not only has the 100% tea tree oil worked for me but it did not bleach out my clothing and bedding! Plus it really is cheap compared to the other skin care treatments.

mommaoftwinsplus1

Closed Thread