It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2005, 04:46 AM   #1
(male)

beatboxkid HB User
Question dove sensitive soap bar??

I have heard good and bad things about dove sensitive soap bar and dove products in genral, I have washed with normal dove soap and I found that stuff teribble to be honest, it dryed out my skin big time and made my eyes go blood shot and irritable. I have used sensitive dove bar and found that one very kind to my skin but I did break out after a while using it, but I think that was because I was splashing wich hazel on my face/neck every day and using it as a cleanser to....

I was thinking of buying proactiv but it seems expensive to me and not ev1 says it's as great as it's meant to be? anyhows I am gonna give washing with dove sensitive soap bar a try twice a day and use johnsons baby lotion cleanser/cotton wool pads afterwards..... apparently the sensitive dove soap is meant to have special cleansers in it? and is not meant to be %100 soap but it still contains soap ingriedients? and I noticed it contains coconut acid which is meant to be bad for you're skin...apparently coconut oil causes blocked pores, but maybe coconut acid is diffrent to the oil I mean a lot of people say skin specialaists recomend dove sensitive soap??

oh well, I will give the old sensitive dove soap a crack and johnsons baby lotion cleanser, at least it won't break the bank I dont feel to masqueline using pink baby lotion as I am a bloke lol, but for the price who cares, you can get a massive bottle for a few quid

If you could please reply and give me you're feedback on dove sensitive soap it will be appreciated, cheers beatbox kid

Last edited by beatboxkid; 10-08-2005 at 04:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2005, 08:38 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Technicolor HB User
Re: dove sensitive soap bar??

I HATE DOVE. THROW IT AWAY.

PERIOD.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
(male)

beatboxkid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technicolor
I HATE DOVE. THROW IT AWAY.

PERIOD.
hi, what soap do you use then? I cant understand why some people say it's great and others think it's rubbish?

oh well every ones skin reacts diffrent to stuff I guess

Old 10-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I love the Dove soap bars, but on my body only. I wouldn't use it on my face. Use a face wash and if the Johnsons cleanser is working out great, use it by any means.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:21 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Technicolor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatboxkid
hi, what soap do you use then? I cant understand why some people say it's great and others think it's rubbish?

oh well every ones skin reacts diffrent to stuff I guess
Of course.

It seems that its ingredients are so utmost on different skins. It's quite amusing. But since I washed the skin behind my ears with Dove they are ever-dry. I hate it.

Goat milk soap. That's the good stuff, but hard to find. Especially one with more than 4% of milk in it.

Old 10-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #6
(male)

beatboxkid HB User

I thought dove soap was meant to be ok on face and body allegedly???

oh well I will carry on using dove sensitive soap and see what happens i guess, but this time i wont use anything harsh with it just a gentle cleanser/mouistrising lotion.

I have even slagged of dove soap myself on here, especially the normsal dove soap bar, but i think I am willing to give the sensitive dove soap bar another chance.

regards beatboxkid

Last edited by beatboxkid; 10-08-2005 at 03:52 PM.

Old 10-08-2005, 09:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

The unscented Dove bar for sensitive skin is simply the best cleanser I've used for my skin. Gets the skin nice and clean but is gentle and non-drying. BUT, everyone's skin is different and will react differently to it. Hopefully, it works out well for you like it did for me, but if not, then at least you didn't lose much ($$).

Old 10-08-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
(female)

tracy0021 HB User

Hi, my friend uses the dove bar for sensitive skin and its the only thing that has not broken her out. its the mousturizer you should be careful with, because there are alot of unneccesary ingredients added to most of them. curel ultra healing is what i have been using on my face for a couple of years, and my friend uses it also. good luck!

Last edited by tracy0021; 02-23-2006 at 02:48 AM.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:49 PM   #9
(female)

jazmella HB User

Best soap I've ever used.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:13 PM   #10

DameC HB User

basis bar soap (sensitive) is what really works best for me so far.

Closed Thread