It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2005, 08:38 PM   #1
(female)

belle7 HB User
Accutane and Moisturizer

I am new to this forum and have a question...so far every thing I have read here talks about using moisturizer while on accutane. I just saw my Dem today and Will get blood test Thrusday morning then start Accutane. When I asked my dem what he recommended for Moisturizer he told me I was not to use it and to just wash with Dove??? Also to use any petroleum Jelly products I want for my nose and libs but that is all. He said the if I used moisturizer it would not allow the Accutane to work properly. Just wondering what everyone thinks...I have heard a lot of bad things about this dem but he is my only choice (only Dem on the island where I live)..any advice would be welcome with anything concerning Acne or Accutane..not just this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
(male)

mikegoons HB User
Re: Accutane and Moisturizer

he should be fired. use eucerin spf 15 day lotion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2005, 11:21 PM   #3
(female)

snafu HB User

That isn't likely to happen, this derm is the only one period*I'm belle7's sister*. You would have to drive two hours to see another derm, which is in another province. Which I don't even know if it can be done.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

If I didn't have moisturizer while I was on accutane, my skin would've flaked horribly. I'm sure that's how a lot of other people who were/are on accutane have felt. I don't understand your derm's reasoning behind why moisturizer would cause the accutane to work improperly. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Closed Thread